X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• robert c
    replied
    Re: Bears...Patterns...and School Glue

good idea....used it on other projects should work well on carvings to...

Leave a comment:

• AndyGrogan
    replied

Good ideal. I've like to try that if I the holding paper in my hands like that didn't give me chills.

Leave a comment:

• Eddy-Smiles
    replied

Thanks Michael.... I've got one in the ways right now as a thank you to an audiologist at the VA and with us hunkered down for a couple of days of inclement weather from Issac I've got some quality whittlin' time in front of me.

Leave a comment:

• Michael Short
    replied

Looking forward to you next batch of bears. They are so cute Eddie.

Leave a comment:

• Eddy-Smiles
    replied

Oscar... Contrary to what you old Marines think, not all of us swabbies got flotsam and jetsam swilling around between our ears! <GRIN> Thanks my friend!

Leave a comment:

• Eddy-Smiles
    replied

Thanks Ginny!

Leave a comment:

• Eddy-Smiles
    replied

Al.... I almost couldn't get my Autocad to work with this new Windows-7. I had 5 o6 versions of AutoCad in my files and none were compatible. I'm using 2005 and it's still not happy about it. It gives me one of those "not compatible but do you want to run anyway windows?" I'm out of the business now so with the next computer upgrade operating system I imagine I'll lose AutoCad all together. I'm going to miss it. I sure can't afford to replace it.

Leave a comment:

• Eddy-Smiles
    replied

Soggy...Yup! It's open season on bears! Just waitin' for the right inspiration!

Leave a comment:

• Eddy-Smiles
    replied

Dwight... A lot of good deals at the office supply stores but I was mainly interested in the glue which normally goes for three to four times that amount.

Leave a comment:

• torpidhummer
    replied

Eddy,you are always thinking ahead,great idea.
    Oscar

Leave a comment:

• GinnytooU
    replied

Eddy I love your Bears. Ginny

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Great idea, Eddy! Now if I can get my old AutoCad up and runnin' I'll have to keep that in mind.

Al

Leave a comment:

• Soggy
    replied

Looks like bear season is about to open in Florida...............:-) Can't wait to see how you dress 'em this year
    Soggy

Leave a comment:

• Dwight
    replied

Excellent idea... I never would have thought of that... esp. good idea on getting glue at this time of the year, I imagine computer paper would also be cheap not to mention ink.
    Well done Eddy-Smiles. ~ Dwight

Leave a comment:

• Eddy-Smiles
    started a topic Bears...Patterns...and School Glue

Bears...Patterns...and School Glue

It just so happened that I recently ran out of roughouts for my bears at the same time that I ran out of Elmers Glue. But as luck would have it, the stores were running sales on white glue to get the kids back in school so I was able to pick up my supply for the year for $0.25 to $0.39 a bottle.

I've got my bear patterns (as well as some others) on Autocad so I just print them out and glue them on with the white glue. The paper and glue comes right off as I whittle away and by the time the bear is completed there's no sign of the glue whatsoever.

With a little bit of luck this batch of bears should last me a month or so....
Working...
X