Heart wreath

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heart wreath

My wife asked me to make a heart wreath, I'm not happy with the way the "back" heart outline is coming out. Cant really seem to make it look the way I want. Any advice on how to fix it would be great. I used Brandant's gouge for all the digging, the tool is amazing the carver needs lots of work.

Re: Heart wreath

I think that looks awesome

eLaine

Comment

I think you're doing fine. My only advise is to just stick with it and don't stop until it's finished. I'm sure you wife will love it.
      Brandant Robinson
      Woodcarving Blog - www.theoldstump.blogspot.com
      Custom Folding Knives - https://www.therobinsonedge.com/
      Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/brandant.robinson.1

Comment

Bart,just keep on carving until it's done,it will be a great keep
        sake for your wife and she will love it no matter what it looks
        like. For her it will be one of a kind that she will treasure very
        much.
        Oscar

Comment

if you plan on staining or painting the carving you will have a chance to make those back hearts show more clearly. one idea would be to stain the entire carving then paint in the back hearts. paint them into the ones you have relief carved.
          another option would be to remove a 1/8" (or a depth different than the others) throughout the entire back heart to make it relief as well.
          not sure if either option if what you are looking for, but hopefully it gets the ball rolling for other ideas
          Looks great so far, hope you post pics once you finish

Comment

Nice work and design. To make the back hearts "pop" you could outline the edges similar to chip carving inside the "v" gouge - make it deeper - to make it crisper and the contrast more stark.

Just an idea.

Comment

Took your adice to make the outline deeper so it stands out better. HUGE difference thank you very much guys. Ill post some updated pictures to night.

Comment

Working...
              X