Special Thanks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Special Thanks

I love working with wood and over the years there have been many wood working projects but never a wood carving, so, I decided to do a few for some of this years Christmas gifts. I ordered the wood and tools and started carving but quickly realized that I was in over my head. I then took advantage of all the tool available to help salvage the carvings, including cut-out's, reference cast, books and the many professionals in this forum.

I would like to offer a special thanks to the forum members who helped me with the carving projects. The carvings are not what I would consider real good but at least I'll not be ashamed to give them as gifts, the recipients know I'm new at this so they will be forgiving of the errors, and there are many.

Hugh, Your waterfowl carving's are beautiful.
    I would like to thank you for the help with the paint but especiall the eye placement, I would also thank Callynne, AlArchie and others that helped.
    ( My Canvassback is numbered #1)

Lori Corbett, Fantastic Songbirds.
    Thank you for the painting tips, I was really off-base in that department. I didn't realize just how far I was in over my head until I got your book "Carving Songbirds", someday when I can work a burner and airbrush into the budget I would like to try another bluebird. I would also like to thank Hi_Ho_Silver, Kenny_S, AlArchie, woodcarver55555 and others for help with painting.
    ( My Bluebird is numbered #2)

I would also like to thank everyone that offered encouragement including papsar, squbrigg, Doug Ridley and many others.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to ALL

Warm Regards
    Bill
    ^v^

ps; sorry for anyone I may have missed, I have a bad case of CRS

Re: Special Thanks

You are welcome Bill. I learn everyday from the great people here. There are always a tip or encouragement from everyone here. What I like about everyone here is, they are not afraid to give advice or a tip or down right help you througha carving. There are so many talented carvers here and it is humbling to post a carving, and then see the others and how much more their carvings are. You will get there and it takes practice, practice and more practice. If you don't learn something new(in my case, Many things) each day here, then you are wasting your time. One thing is for sure. these are the most thoughtful and caring people and I wouldn't trade their friendship for any othr hobbist. they are the greatest.

Merry Christmas to you Bill and your family

Comment

Well, glad whatever I could contribute was of some help! "keep carvin' " LOL
      "Lif iz lik a box "o" choc lets, ya nevr kno whut yull git!"

Comment

"There are so many talented carvers here and it is humbling to post a carving"

Man that is the truth Kenny_S, lol, but they never let on that my carvings were....lets say.... rough.

I just took the pictures off my camera from this afternoon, they give the carvings more credit than they deserve...hehe

HaPPy Trails
        Bill
        ^v^

Comment

Phaeton-had a look at your finished carvings and they look great,i'm sure the reciepiants will be very pleased with their gift.

keep up the good work.

Frank
          Safety first

Comment

Wow Bill, if those are full of errors and mistakes, I can't wait to see one you think turned out well, it will be perfection!! Really great work and you're welcome for the tiny bit of help I contributed, looks to me like you'll be the one people come to for advice very soon!! Deborah

Comment

Looks to me like you are coming along pretty darn good!
              "Lif iz lik a box "o" choc lets, ya nevr kno whut yull git!"

Comment

Thank you Deborah, your too kind, I'm humbled by the quality of your work and the work I've seen from the other members in this forum.
                I learned something very important, make sure to fix those small rough spots before starting the finish..oops....sure can see them now! lol

Thanks Frank and Hi_Ho_Silver
                I'm working on the "Fatboy" by Steve Prescott, it reminds me of my biker days and that 29 year old Harley in the garage gathering dust.hehe

HaPPy Trails
                Bill
                ^v^

Comment

Working...
                X