Traveling Man

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Traveling Man

Great carving, GinnytooU! Look forward to seeing him again after you paint/stain which ever you decide.

Comment

Super carving! I'd vote for paint. He looks like a colorful character.
      Terry

Comment

Great carving Ginny!
        I would opt for the acrylic wash.
        One question though, where are the magnets? LOL

Randy

Comment

I would paint Ginny .. the color will just enhance the wonderful carving you have done .. a excellent looking piece
          Gene

Comment

That's a super job, Ginny! You have enormous talent! I'd opt for painting, as well....only because it's basswood and the guys are right.....it doesn't take stain very well. I agree that it would enhance the excellent carving job. I hope I get to see it if you decide to paint! Bonnie

Comment

Great work, with practice i hope to have my carvings coming out half as good, i would be happy with 3/4 as good. Just got to wait for my balsa wood to arrive, it will be a week or two because it is being shipped from America.

Comment

Originally posted by thatjellyfish View Post
                Great work, with practice i hope to have my carvings coming out half as good, i would be happy with 3/4 as good. Just got to wait for my balsa wood to arrive, it will be a week or two because it is being shipped from America.
                Not sure where you are from but let me tell ya, balsa wood is way , way too soft. It crushes instead of cutting. You need Bass wood.
                I know once you get the hang of it you will be much better than I. Thanks Ginny

Comment

I want to thank all of you for taking a look at my carving. It looks like almost everyone says to paint so that's what I'll do. It is all of your generous compliments that make it worth while. Thanks again Ginny

Comment

Traveling Man

You've certainly had some great feedback on your Traveling Man -- deservedly so: it's a great carving. I haven't painted any carvings yet, so I'm hoping you paint your guy and show him off. A few details on how you approached the paint job would certainly be interesting to me. I also wonder how you carve a hat with such a wide and narrow brim. You're an inspiration. Keep up the good work.

Comment

That's a great work of art, Ginny. He shows a lot of caracture and will look good however you decide to finish him. Personally, I'd paint him.
                      You said you was afraid of routers. Have you ever looked at the router attachments for the dremel? I don't know if they are any good and haven't read any reviews. I just seen them at Lowes last week.
                      Michael

Comment

Originally posted by cut up View Post
                        That's a great work of art, Ginny. He shows a lot of caracture and will look good however you decide to finish him. Personally, I'd paint him.
                        You said you was afraid of routers. Have you ever looked at the router attachments for the Dremel? I don't know if they are any good and haven't read any reviews. I just seen them at Lowes last week.
                        Michael
                        I bought one ( Dremel router attachment). Not worth it in my opinion. Too small of a bit handling ability .It tends to burn the wood before cutting too. But thanks for the info.
                        Ginny

Comment

THAT is awesome Ginney. I' d paint but i don't have much experience with staining
                          Herb

Comment

Wow great little piece. My vote would be to paint. Either way, this piece is a winner......Myron

Comment

Love the natural look of this guys posture. Great job at capturing a moment in time. AWESOME carving, I know that word gets thrown around a lot, but it fits....awesome.

Comment

Herb, Myron and Wvfoster, Thank you very much . Please read the Please read post. Thank you for stopping by and your very nice comments Ginny

Comment

Working...
                                X