Traveling Man

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Traveling Man

Where is he off this time? I like him a lot! Excellent carving!

Comment

I missed this one entirerly Ginny, what a great carving. Whatever way you finish this piece , I'm sure it will turnout a masterpiece. fred k

Comment

W-O-W!!!!! Ginny, that is WONDERFUL!!!! & i don't think you will ever find a base more suitable than that horseshoe!! Fits him perfectly just as is! LOVE IT!! Don't know if you cut the wood out to fit inside the shoe or not, but love that base, & like i said, wonderful job on that ol' cowboy!!
        www.facebook.com/bill.smith.magic

Comment

Thank you so very much, I'm glad you like him. Hope I can paint him as well as I carved him. I don't like the painting part. Will post when done. Thanks again Ginny

Comment

I don't like to stain basswood. Doesn't take well IMO. I'd paint him because its such a great piece the color would bring it out!

Comment

I cannot contribute to stain or paint, but mentioning that your carving is inspiring to me is something easily done.
              Thanks for showing your talent.

Comment

Little late also, but had to comment on this amzing carving. There is no stopping you. As far as painting.....I usually debate this a lot because ny carving might not be great but there better then my painting. LOL Great piece.

Comment

Working...
                X