Win our lovespoon!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Win our lovespoon!!

Laura Jenkins Gorun and myself (David Western) have just finished this lovespoon which we designed and carved together. We're raffling it off to raise money for a Welsh cutural event called the West Coast Eisteddfod. If you want a chance to win this spoon for just one buck, please visit our blog at: David Western's Portland Eisteddfod Lovespoon
    I think that this is one of the best spoons I've ever done and I just can't get over how beautiful Laura's carving is! We hope that our fellow carvers will enjoy it and that some of you might be tempted to try and win it!!
    The spoon itself is about 16 inches long and has been carved from a 3/4 inch thick plank of lovely cherry. Finished with 4 coats of oil and a rub-down with beeswax polish, the spoon will have a lovely, rich amber colour in just a few months. The cage down near the bowl contains 4 balls to celebrate the forth year of the Eisteddfod festival.

Re: Win our lovespoon!!

Big thanks to David for letting me join him on this (and thanks for the compliments)! It was far and away the most fun and interesting carving I've done! I suspect, though, that his marathon carving session (to finish it in time for the event where it's to be raffled on Oct 13th!) has imprinted some wishful thinking about its dimensions on him. It's actually closer to 21", just in case anyone has an eye for scale.

It really is something special. I think it's inspired both Dave and I, so hope some of you can glean a little inspiration from it, too!
    Speaking of which - the Tree of Life design in the center there was contributed by Celtic artist, Jen Delyth.

Comment

So can this spoon be seen in Portland? It looks amazing on your website.

Comment

If our friends at border customs don't give us any more grief, it should arrive in Portland on time to be displayed for the weekend of the event!

Comment

Assuming it makes its way through the post from BC to Portland before the Eisteddfod on the 13th (next week!), then I believe you should be able to go to the event and see it in person! More information can be found through Dave's blog (link below).

Comment

Very beautiful indeed. I appreciate the time that went into making such a fine and delicate piece. Very nicely done.
            Brandant Robinson
            Woodcarving Blog - www.theoldstump.blogspot.com
            Custom Folding Knives - https://www.therobinsonedge.com/
            Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/brandant.robinson.1

Comment

Its intricate design is supremely pretty.

Comment

This is the best spoon I have ever seen by far!
                "The artist must possess the courageous soul that dares and defies."
                kate chopin.

Comment

Working...
                X