replied
    Re: Colin decides to try pyrography

Kathy I am using a razortip burner.
    Colin

Leave a comment:

• jax
    replied

Good start...........looks like you should have started sooner!!

Jax

Leave a comment:

• Callynne
    replied

Colin, great job! That should help keep those winter 'blahs' away, till you can get back out to work on your great woodspirits! Keep up the good work! Thanks for sharing with us! Deborah

Leave a comment:

• Mottles
    replied

Thumbs Up Colin! Wonderful start keep going sure glad I had some time to check this forum today. What burning tool are you using?
    Kathy

Leave a comment:

• Thor
    replied

Colin,
    I really like the carving around the edge the way you did it. It lets it pop out at you. Shadows are good.
    Great work. I'll look for the progressive photos as you work on it.
    Thor

Leave a comment:

• MelNM
    replied

He looks good Colin, I'm just now trying it myself also. I read you can take a knife or gouge to take a small chip out of the eye to make the white portion. I see that yours is solid, thats what made me think of that.

Leave a comment:

• Hi_Ho_Sliver
    replied

That smoke isn't good for you Marci! need ventilation!

Leave a comment:

• Marci MN
    replied

Looking goooooood! Does your burner get hot where you have to hold it? I remember doing a wood burned piece for my mother for mothers day and it was awfully hot where I had to hold it. Got pretty smokey in the room too.

Leave a comment:

• Nancy-ID
    replied

Looks great Colin! Burning is more difficult than one might think isn't it If you figure out how to use that shader, tell me please I like what you did with the relief carving around the edge.

Leave a comment:

• MDWine
    replied

I see nothing wrong with that a'tall! Looks GREAT!

Leave a comment:

• Kenny_S
    replied

Yeper, ya done good my friend! I am still working on a L.S. Irish fireman pattern for my son.
    I need a different burner than the "Dial-A Temp". Well different tips or what is normally called nibs as Mine are way to thick. My second try at it. the first one the temp was to high. Guess I am learning something from it.
    Regards

Leave a comment:

• wade clark
    replied

Colin,
    You're off to a great start! It looks good!
    Wade

Leave a comment:

• BobD
    replied

That's great my friend! Much better than I could! Bob

Leave a comment:

• squbrigg
    replied

Good start Colin. Hope you are enjoying yourself. It looks like you are! Well done son!

Bob

Leave a comment:

• Colin-Partridge
    started a topic Colin decides to try pyrography

Colin decides to try pyrography

Hi Gang,
    I decided to finally try my hand at burning and I know by the looks of it that is exactly what I am doing. This is not as easy as it seems The burning is just in the inital stages it is done on a piece of bass wood. The imperfection at the bottom I think will add to the burning once it is all done. I have tried to do a shallow relief around the burning but I think I went too deep. Oh well it is only a piece of wood. I will try and do better in the next stage what this is from what I am reading is called the shading stage. I will post when I make more progress.
    Colin
Working...
X