Cane and howler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cane and howler

This is what I've been up to over the past few days. The cane as I mentioned in another thread is for a local old timer. I did'nt put all that much detail into this handle piece knowing that it would be taking abuse daily so no feather detail or really sharp beak. I plan on using diamond willow for the staff. The staff will join the eagle just under the throat.

Re: Cane and howler

thats a good simplified design for a cane! should hold up better than one with too much detail! good job! ................errr for a mountie! lol
    "Lif iz lik a box "o" choc lets, ya nevr kno whut yull git!"

Comment

Well done Gilly. A good robust shape to it, should stand up to plenty of abuse.

Bob
      Before they slip me over the standing part of the fore sheet, let them pipe: "Up Spirits" one more time.

Comment

Great job on design and carving. After a few weeks of use it will look even more fantastic. TOM H
        http://beginnerscarvingcorner.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Tom H
          Great job on design and carving. After a few weeks of use it will look even more fantastic. TOM H
          That's pretty much what I had in mind when painting it, after old Larry uses it for a while, it will get a dirty old look to it.

Comment

Well I finshed the cane and dropped it off to Larry last night, man was he suprized, and happy, he got choked up when I handed it to him. He never had a clue I was making something for him. Larry does'nt have much money and the cane he was using was made from scrap wood and a very roughly rasped plywood handle, it was quite ugly. Now he has an eagle staff to use proudly as he ambles around town. Boy did I ever get a feeling of satisfaction looking into his welling up eyes.

Comment

A tip of the hat to you, Gilly.
              Good form!

Comment

Gilly, Giving is a lot of fun! More rewarding than selling. Good for you! TOM H
                http://beginnerscarvingcorner.blogspot.com/

Comment

Jolly good show Gilly.
                  Yeper, Giving is better than receiving.
                  Job well done on both Eagle and giving.

Comment

Thanks Folks.

Comment

Nice Work, I know it will always be a very special gift.

Comment

Working...
                      X