Hermit box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hermit box

newest project ...hermit box long before we moved into booger swamp an old hermit lived down here , they said he had a special box he kept all his treasures in, when he died everyone looked but no one could find it. till now this is a hand carved panel of basswood and stained and buffed. i built the rough cedar box also, and the handle is hammered copper i made then annealed to get the unique colors . the whole cabinet is about 13"x8"x4"

Re: Hermit box

Great face Daddio, now you can start putting your treasures in it, and start a new legend.

Tom
    If I took the time to fix all my mistakes, I wouldn,t have time to make new ones.

www.spokanecarvers.com

Comment

Love it !
      I like the tool marks you did on the top, there could have been some on the rest of the box, maybe.
      Very nice face !

Does it mean you're ready to start a new life of hermitage ?

Comment

thanks guys it was a fun project i've been wanting to do for awhile. the box i did out of rough cedar so i wouldn't have to sand anything lol i burned the edges of the box and sides some. the basswood i went all over with a flat chisel so i wouldn't have to sand it either .lol i fear i'm already pretty much a hermit now!!

Comment

Great idea and nice job !

Comment

That's a beauty! Nice and clean, great contrast and expression. Very well done.
            Terry

Comment

Looks good to me.Ginny

Comment

Love that face. A neat little box you have created.

Comment

thanks everyone i've had it bouncing around in there for awhile and decided to finally put it down on wood

Comment

That is a great box. You can fill it with treasures and then write a poem, hide it, and start a frenzy in the swamps like that one in New Mexico. Great carving and a neat project.

Comment

Great looking box and a fine job of carving.

Comment

The expressiveness of his face is arresting. The entire work is awesome!

Comment

slow that's an idea there lol, and thanks and thanks eric an lynn i already have another in my head i'm wanting to do lol

Comment

Working...
                          X