X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DADDIO
    replied
    Re: Hermit box

slow that's an idea there lol, and thanks and thanks eric an lynn i already have another in my head i'm wanting to do lol

Leave a comment:

• llc1952
    replied

The expressiveness of his face is arresting. The entire work is awesome!

Leave a comment:

• efmaron
    replied

Great looking box and a fine job of carving.

Leave a comment:

• SlowMover
    replied

That is a great box. You can fill it with treasures and then write a poem, hide it, and start a frenzy in the swamps like that one in New Mexico. Great carving and a neat project.

Leave a comment:

• DADDIO
    replied

thanks everyone i've had it bouncing around in there for awhile and decided to finally put it down on wood

Leave a comment:

• toycarver
    replied

Love that face. A neat little box you have created.

Leave a comment:

• GinnytooU
    replied

Looks good to me.Ginny

Leave a comment:

• Nomad
    replied

That's a beauty! Nice and clean, great contrast and expression. Very well done.

Leave a comment:

• jimmy joe
    replied

Great idea and nice job !

Leave a comment:

• DADDIO
    replied

thanks guys it was a fun project i've been wanting to do for awhile. the box i did out of rough cedar so i wouldn't have to sand anything lol i burned the edges of the box and sides some. the basswood i went all over with a flat chisel so i wouldn't have to sand it either .lol i fear i'm already pretty much a hermit now!!

Leave a comment:

• copeau
    replied

Love it !
    I like the tool marks you did on the top, there could have been some on the rest of the box, maybe.
    Very nice face !

Does it mean you're ready to start a new life of hermitage ?

Leave a comment:

• Tom Ellis
    replied

Great face Daddio, now you can start putting your treasures in it, and start a new legend.

Tom

Leave a comment:

• DADDIO
    started a topic Hermit box

Hermit box

newest project ...hermit box long before we moved into booger swamp an old hermit lived down here , they said he had a special box he kept all his treasures in, when he died everyone looked but no one could find it. till now this is a hand carved panel of basswood and stained and buffed. i built the rough cedar box also, and the handle is hammered copper i made then annealed to get the unique colors . the whole cabinet is about 13"x8"x4"
Working...
X