Gazelle Mask

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gazelle Mask

Hi; Here is where I am with my new project. It is a gazelle mask. I had a blank wall, heaven forbid, and decided to do something African. At the stage of putting the horns on this one and then......thinking of something else to do.

The horns for this one were a couple of unusual sticks I found in Florida about 5 years ago with vines growing around them and thought they would come in handy some day.......glad I picked them up now!

Re: Gazelle Mask

Very Nice

Comment

Hi Deb., Boy those Sticks are going to look Great on that Mask. It looks as they were made for it. Good find. Looking forward in seeing it finished. Great job so far. Merle

Comment

Looks nice so far ! lovely grain pattern.
        What kind of timber did you use ? Ash tree ?
        And the sticks ? I can sometimes find hazel like this, with honeysuckle growing around.

Comment

Pretty cool stuff. Your wall will be looking good. when you are done.

Comment

Looks great so far and definitely want to see it with those horns ! They are really cool .

Comment

Ah, Deb. You are good. That will look fine.
              Thanks to you, got some metallic emerald green on my Dragonflies today.
              Better than plain, soggy, swamp green!
              Brian T

Comment

Thanks everyone, doing the final varathane today and will post later.

Brian; Glad you found the green paint, it is really worth the cost.

Wish I knew what the sticks were, but they work. The head is white pine from and old fence post that I had from awhile ago.

Comment

Wow very nice, I think the limbs will add a lot to the mask. when you have it finished please. Ginny

Comment

Very elegant gazelle mask design and you couldn't have found a more perfect set of sticks to use for the horns! Hope you'll show the finished result.

Comment

Very nice work. That's cool that you made it from an old fence post !

Comment

Very nice and those twisty sticks will set the mask off beautifully!

Al

Comment

Sweet! I like the stylized treatment of the Gazelle's face, well done!

Comment

Well, here it is all finished and hung up, now it looks like I will have to make a couple more masks to fill that wall. A giraffe and a zebra seem to be calling me. To work, to work........

Comment

WOW! Looks great on that wall...or any wall for that matter.

Al

Comment

Working...
                              X