X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bygeorge
    replied
    Re: Another New Santa

Mark, that is beautiful! It looks so great now I can't wait to see it after you have painted it. Again, a nice clean carving! (and love that hat)

Chuck

Leave a comment:

• Mark N. Akers
    replied

Well after a morning of carving this is the progress,hope to paint it today.

Leave a comment:

• Mark N. Akers
    replied

Colin:
    Thanks for asking about the project,I've had my Father from out of state visiting so I didn't do any more yet.He got on the road at 4:00 a.m.
    this morning so I plan on finishing the carving and painting today.

Leave a comment:

• Colin-Partridge
    replied

Mark,
    Have you done anymore on the Santa I am sitting with baited breath waiting to see the progress. I see you do all your work by hand that is wonderful. I too have a Fordom have had it for three years now and never used it.
    Colin

Leave a comment:

• bygeorge
    replied

Mark, I love your take on the hat! Nice clean cuts too!
    Chuck

Leave a comment:

• Mark N. Akers
    replied

MIK1947
    Everything I do is by hand,not that I wouldn't do it with power if I was any
    good with the fordem.I don't think their is enough bandaids at Foodlion if I was to try it.I appreciate all the positive feedback from the web,it makes you strive to do better.

Leave a comment:

• Blake Lunsford
    replied

Once again Mark you have outdone yourself! Such a great display from the initial drawing to completing the roughout. I can't wait to see it finished and painted. Very nice smooth lines. Can't wait to see it in a few weeks in Charlotte!

Blake

Leave a comment:

• Hi_Ho_Sliver
    replied

Thats going to be a good one! And by the looks of it, you have some excellent basswood to work with!Ice Cream

Leave a comment:

• Arnold-Smith
    replied

Good job Mark keep it up.
    Arnold

Leave a comment:

• mik1947
    replied

Mark -
    Great work and fast, too! One question - do you use hand tools or a rotary shaping device like a dremel or foredom?

Leave a comment:

• MaggieMae1959
    replied

very very nice...... I like it !

Such crisp clean lines..... Keep up the great work.....

Some of you certainly are an inspiration.

MaggieMae1959

Leave a comment:

• Tom-H
    replied

Very clean carving. Your carving shows me that you know exactly what each cut will achieve. Your stages of carving development are much appreciated by a beginner like me. TOM H

Leave a comment:

• Hugh
    replied

That is a good job, I've tried to do that and can't. Easier said than done. Nice work.

Leave a comment:

• mwilleson
    replied

Mark,

Really looks nice. I agree with an earlier comment - very crisp, clean lines and cuts so early in the process....very impressive.

The shape and proportion of the head and face is really nice. You should do a step by step for us!

Mike

Leave a comment:

• squbrigg
    replied

HEHEHE......LOL........he sure is a cute little guy!!! Great work, I love the concept.

Bob

Leave a comment:

Working...
X