A little progress is better...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A little progress is better...

A little progress is better than nothing. Sorry to be so slow but life does take over at times. Got back to a little carving by carving the "Captain" and he's giving orders already. Poor cook is taking it hard.

Started construction and carving on the tops.....where the lower masts and topmasts join and fit together. Lots of work to do yet.

Bob
    Before they slip me over the standing part of the fore sheet, let them pipe: "Up Spirits" one more time.

Re: A little progress is better...

She looks beautiful already Bob! Do you also carve the figures? Finally received my WCI and really enjoyed your article. Thanks for sharing your progress.

Chuck

Comment

It's comming along very good Bob. You are a true craftsman. Thanks for sharing.
      Ron

Comment

Bob I have nothing but admiration for you working with small things like you do ,and a man as well :-) one expects a woman to do this kind of work?? It is amazing what you do,you must have had a job where you worked with delicate things?
        I can just see myself doing this?
        Thanks for showing it
        Alice
        www.WoodCarvingIllustrated.com
        www.FoxChapelPublishing.com
        www.ScrollSawer.com

Comment

Admirable, delicate work as usual Bob!

By the way, in addition to the Captain and the cook along with an onlooker having a few choice words on the deck, I was wondering if I might have spotted another little character (perhaps a deckhand with a death wish!) whom I believe is perched just under the point of the bow in what appears to be a red shirt. If so, I hope that you have attached a safety harness to him... unless, of course, he's walking the plank!!

Glad that you're finding a little time to continue nibblin' away on a great ship!
          Dave Brock

Comment

Unbelievable Bob, incredible work! Without a doubt you are a true craftsman. Looking forward to your update.

Reg

Comment

Enjoyed your article in the mag......also enjoy the progress in the shipbuilding.

Jax.
              WOOD IS WONDERFUL!

Comment

Glad you are enjoying the progress reports.... I really enjoy building her.

Chuck...yes, I also carved the figures, they are just under 1" tall.

Alice....for a mere man , I try! Actually I don't have a job anymore, I worked in industry, until a car accident disabled me. Carving and ship modelling are my life lines and great therapy.

Lightningbolt...that figure you see under the bow is the figurehead or the famed traveller, Marco Polo. And yes, he is well secured.

Ship modelling is a great passion of mine, you get to do so many forms of carving. Have to begin carving blocks soon, a real challenge! By comparisom, the figures are large.

Bob
                Before they slip me over the standing part of the fore sheet, let them pipe: "Up Spirits" one more time.

Comment

Amazing detail, Bob!! She's beginning to make me miss the years I spent on the water (USN)!

Comment

Bob,

Hey your not alone here, we all got at least one project not completed yet!

"Rome wasn't built in a day"

Great work as always.

Bill

Comment

Bob, fantastic work, as always! Your ships are so beautiful but the tiny, tiny figures are just unbelievable! You do such great work! Thanks for sharing it with us! Deborah

Comment

I'm going to stop coming 'round here. You're freaking me out with all the detail you put into your models.

Truly excellent!

Comment

Working...
                        X