replied
    Re: Your opinion please

Try the carvers gallery, it's there.

Leave a comment:

• Hi_Ho_Sliver
    replied

Originally posted by Don by the lake
    I just posted a carving entitled Spirit in the basement and was kind of wondering what you guys thought about it. It doesn't have one of the better faces that I have done, but it's not a bad Gnome home. Do the two subjects go together or not? I have been thinking about combining the two and this was my first attempt. If you don't think it is a good match let me know. My wife didn't really like it and she usually is right when I mess up a carving. OK, what do you think? There are 3 views of it in the Gallery.

If I click on your picturetrail site, I get Doug ridley??

Leave a comment:

• Bartster
    replied

don,

i like it it shows that you see more in the bark than the gnome house, keep up the good work.

bart

Leave a comment:

• GeorgiaCarver
    replied

I agree with the others. Many do gnome homes or the like. What you did is different, I have not seen that before. I think it will be a matter of personal tast if you are looking to sell it.

If you are looking to give it away email me and I will give you my address Mobster

Greg

Leave a comment:

• Kenny_S
    replied

The over all carving is fantastic. If it was just the gnome house, it is about the same as others I have seen,. However, What sets this one apart from any other bark house is the face, which, if this is not one of your good ones, I envy your ability.
    Yes, this is an original and a Fantastic carving at that.
    I my carving bark, I tend to make smaller houses and several more to a bark carving. But, I really like yours and the face at the bottom is great. Rightly named also.
    To carve house like that, Maybe one of these days, I can!

Leave a comment:

• squbrigg
    replied

Don, I think the carving is a splendid mix. Nicely exicuted and well thought out. Tells or implies a nice little story! The name could be the problem.... though I can't offer a suggestion or alternative. I do like the carving.

Bob

Leave a comment:

• Marci MN
    replied

Don I love your bark carvings. I do like this one because of its originality. I dont much care for the name you gave it.. How about something like 'Neighbors' instead? Bring the two together with the name. I can see a gnome sitting on the steps just visiting with the Spirit.. catching up with the forrests gossip.

Leave a comment:

• Mark N. Akers
    replied

Don:
    Love it,that is a original,thats not something you see in a book,thats why it's so good.Don keep up the good work,I love cottonwood projects.

Leave a comment:

• Don by the lake
    started a topic Your opinion please

Your opinion please

I just posted a carving entitled Spirit in the basement and was kind of wondering what you guys thought about it. It doesn't have one of the better faces that I have done, but it's not a bad Gnome home. Do the two subjects go together or not? I have been thinking about combining the two and this was my first attempt. If you don't think it is a good match let me know. My wife didn't really like it and she usually is right when I mess up a carving. OK, what do you think? There are 3 views of it in the Gallery.
    http://www.woodcarvingillustrated.co...7/limit/recent

http://www.woodcarvingillustrated.co...8/limit/recent

http://www.woodcarvingillustrated.co...6/limit/recent
Working...
X