Finished Wood Spirit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finished Wood Spirit

I just completed this woodspirit. First one made of Birch. The grain really takes the tung oil well. I showed it to the person who supplies me with wood and he snapped it up for his home. Oh well, that's all part of carving - allowing others to enjoy our labour. I'll soon have to start charging. Can't buy tools with smiles and thank you's.
    Patrick

Re: Finished Wood Spirit

Oops. Forgot to attach the pictures. Let's try again.

Patrick

Comment

Originally posted by Irishman
      Oops. Forgot to attach the pictures. Let's try again.

Patrick
      Another Patrick lol how many of us are there?

Comment

Very nice spirit Patrick, keep it up!
        GaryMc

Comment

Well done Patrick, a great expression. Reminds me of one of those dour Scots from the gatherings in Pictou/Antigounish area! Smile

Bob
          Before they slip me over the standing part of the fore sheet, let them pipe: "Up Spirits" one more time.

Comment

Pat,

Thats a great piece, well done, neat piece of wood too, it would have been neat effect to stick a spirit in each branch too. Bill

Comment

Really nice carving Patrick! No wonder the dude latched on to it.

now, Maybe some free wood for ya eh?

Comment

Great looking WS.
                That's another type carving I have'nt tried.
                I wonder how upset my wife would be if I carved a WS in our bradford pear tree?
                NAAAH! I better not!

Comment

Just love him especially the way you utilized the branches. His expression is priceless reminds me of someone I know. You will learn that it makes it much more exciting when you make money carving, having said that the ones I give away give me more satisfaction. Great job
                  Colin
                  Jim - The Doing is as much fun as the Viewing!
                  Jackson, MS

Comment

Thanks for the comments. I'm carving a canoe paddle right now. Getting it ready to run the Rustigouche in NB. I may put a fancy design on it to impress the other canoeist.
                    Patrick

Comment

You should have plenty of time to carve it....the Restigouche is still frozen from bank to bank. She's not far North of us, here on the Miramichi. Ours is frozen solid too. Winter's not quite done yet! Drop in when you are on your way by and we'll swap carving tales.

Bob
                      Before they slip me over the standing part of the fore sheet, let them pipe: "Up Spirits" one more time.

Comment

Nice! Makes me want to try one. Birch is especially nice wood, it always has an interesting grain.

Comment

Bob, I won't be on the river until mid June so hopefully the snow will be gone. This will be our fifth run with our crew and we had some snow in the woods on a few trips. I'll have to try the Meri' one of these springs.
                          Patrick

Originally posted by squbrigg
                          You should have plenty of time to carve it....the Restigouche is still frozen from bank to bank. She's not far North of us, here on the Miramichi. Ours is frozen solid too. Winter's not quite done yet! Drop in when you are on your way by and we'll swap carving tales.

Bob

Comment

Working...
                          X