• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Horse Bust

Awesome!

Comment

That is just incredible. What a great piece.

Comment

Sooo! Good!

Comment

That is a very good looking piece. Especially like how the eyes came out.
          Well done.
          James Richards

Comment

Paul this is an eye catching piece. I must show my ignorance again~is absorbent ground brown color? It will be great to see your finished product. . .JoeB
            . . .JoeB

Comment

Looking good! Really like the mane and flow.
              Jim

Comment

I use Golden's Absorbent Ground in place of gesso (which I absolutely hate!) and to cover discolorations (repairs, wood flaws, etc.). Painting on Absorbent Ground is like painting on watercolor paper.

I like this material because, unlike gesso, it does not leave a "slick" surface. I paint with watercolor and am a wildlife carver. Generally, I do not want sharp lines of division between colors and I want a "soft, matte" look to the fur or feathers. If I want a "hard, shiny" finish such as beaks or claws, I will coat these areas after painting with varnish or such.

I am planning to use it on this bust to cover the mane and, depending on the color I desire, I will use it to cover the body also.

Comment

Paul thank you! I found this site that might help people like me https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsdgpI4X1tY
                  Again thanks . . .JoeB
                  . . .JoeB

Comment

Working...
                  X