PrOwEsS hair Comb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PrOwEsS hair Comb

Good afternoon friends! I cant wait to show you my new piece! Hair Comb made from 100% salvaged Pacific Yew with an oil finish. I am very proud to have finally moved on to the next step in my carving evolution! Where once things were thinner and more 2D, I now have more of a 3D groove going on and I love it!
    It also fees so good to be carving what I love. That's what I started with and somehow with other peoples ideas, my own and my own wandering thoughts, I became distracted and kinda lost. It fees so good to be back on familiar and comforting ground.

Thank you for looking, any and a feedback is very welcome and appreciated!

Re: PrOwEsS hair Comb

Nice comb Keoma !
    I can still recognize your own style, wild and someway tribal.

Comment

Nice looking comb, Keoma!

Claude
      My FaceBook Page: https://www.facebook.com/ClaudesWoodCarving/
      My Pinterest Page: https://www.pinterest.com/cfreaner/
      My Instagram Page: https://www.instagram.com/claudeswoodcarving/
      My ETSY Shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/ClaudesWoodcarving

Comment

Thanks to you both! I hope hope hope!that feeling never leaves my work! I was headed out to work again today, but instead I played with this comb and just loved it all day!

Comment

That is very very nice! Beautiful work!
          Terry

Comment

That's so cool! looks good in hair or on a Viking ship's bow.
            I bet its fun to wear it and hear the compliments. You also get to tell them you carved it...maybe I should grow my hair out.
            Greg

Comment

Creative, well executed, and a little bit scary! That guy looks like a protective type. Hope nobody unwanted gets in your hair!
              Hazel Strickland
              AKA Dixie Whittler

Comment

Hazel you made me laugh! I was thinking how the Viking Prow ships would strike terror into the hearts and minds of people before they even saw the northmen who came to raid! I was making these combs as a symbol of strength and ferocity, not just a stay out of my hair kinda thing but a stay outta my way as well...HA! But I think I will have to walk backwards!

Comment

Nice looking hair comb. Will it be a project in the next whittling magazine ?

Comment

Very nice indeed. I just wish I had enough hair to use one.
                    If you don\\\\\\\'t know where you\\\\\\\'re going you\\\\\\\'ll end up someplace else.
                    Yogi Berra
                    Dick

Comment

Beautiful comb! No need to walk backward, just be assured because your backside is covered! Ha! Very creative and one of a kind for sure!

Comment

HA! That made me laugh! Thanks very much for the kind words! I am working on another today, but I am wearing this one as I work!

Comment

As a piece of art I love it. I agree with Copeau about it having a tribal look. I really like the 'primitive' aspects of the carving. As a comb I have to ask: does the lower jaw touch the chest? If not, I worry about the fragility of the lower jaw... grain running as it does.

Comment

Well that's just cool.

Comment

Thanks for the mention of the jaw! It is a blades width away, Ikept the grai VERY much in mind while working this one. Thankfully, Yew has a super tight grain that is also quit stout. Where something as tough as walnut or oak would snap, Yew is able to take a more detailed and finer carving. I have snapped them when the gap was too big, but keeping it small avoids heart break
                              When I do these carvings with what I consider an inferior wood, I peg the jaw or laminate another piece to it with the grain going opposite way. It works great and has never shown in the finished piece.
                              It is now at the home of his new owner and she loves him. And I miss him.
                              Thanks again for mentioning!

Comment

Working...
                              X