My second spoon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My second spoon

I saw this spoon on the web, Welsh love spoons by Adam King. My version is a little different but the concept is the same.

Re: My second spoon

very nice...what wood is that, lovely finish........................mack

Comment

It is poplar, and have yet to put any thing on it. I sanded it with 150 grit paper then I used a green scrub pad. It has a fine abrasive and makes the wood look polished. Planning on putting several coats of clear poly on it.

Comment

Nice spoon

Comment

That is one of the most beautiful spoons I've seen. It is well balance in detail and symmetry.

Comment

great spoon, and thanks for the pictures
            Its all fun!
            Terry

https://www.facebook.com/SillyLillyBowsAndMore

Comment

This is another post I don't want my wife to see···just yet. I've got some other stuff to get carved. But a spoon is definitely on in my stack, will show her your later, know she'll like it as much as I do. . .JoeB
              . . .JoeB

Comment

Thank you all for the kind words. I've only just begun doing spoons and I really enjoy them. I'm looking to order some Basswood and try my hand at Caricatures. I recently ordered some books on the topic and I'm itching to get started.

Comment

Very nice spoon, Flaco1! I like that design and you executed it beautifully.
                  Hazel Strickland
                  AKA Dixie Whittler

Comment

Hi Falco, lovely work, I really like the spiral work very clean and neat, well done.

Comment

You can sign and date that with pride!

Comment

I am amazed at the small parts, like the birds leg. One slip and it wouldn't have made it.

Something to aspire to.

Comment

Very well done. Beautiful finish.

Comment

Beautiful.

A spoon is on my bucket list. However, I am fairly new to carving and besides chip carving I have only done a few snowman for regular carving so thinking a spoon might not be a beginner project but it is only wood so may try. They asked for ideas for classes for our monthly meetings for next year and I said spoons and it was received well so that is promising.

Thanks for the inspiration.

Comment

Originally posted by jillinaz View Post
                              Beautiful.

A spoon is on my bucket list. However, I am fairly new to carving and besides chip carving I have only done a few snowman for regular carving so thinking a spoon might not be a beginner project but it is only wood so may try. They asked for ideas for classes for our monthly meetings for next year and I said spoons and it was received well so that is promising.

Thanks for the inspiration.
                              As the title says, this really is my second spoon I ever made. I have carved only in the round so chip carving seems difficult to me. If you can carve snow men then you can read the wood grain. Google love spoons pick a simple pattern and have at it. You can do it.

Arnie

Comment

Working...
                              X