replied
    Re: My second spoon

Excellent spoon carving!
    Claude

Leave a comment:

• joepaulbutler
    replied

That is a neat, delicate carved spoon, I would use it to stir the beef stew . Well done . . .JoeB

Leave a comment:

• Flaco1
    replied

finished spoon
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• jillinaz
    replied

Focus Jill. Focus. LOL. Must finish christmas exchange then can look at spoons I got some old magazines at the used book store a few months ago and some of them had spoon patterns so I shall did those out after ornaments are mailed. Thanks for the encouragement Arnie. Happy carving.

Leave a comment:

• Flaco1
    replied

Originally posted by jillinaz View Post
    Beautiful.

A spoon is on my bucket list. However, I am fairly new to carving and besides chip carving I have only done a few snowman for regular carving so thinking a spoon might not be a beginner project but it is only wood so may try. They asked for ideas for classes for our monthly meetings for next year and I said spoons and it was received well so that is promising.

Thanks for the inspiration.
    As the title says, this really is my second spoon I ever made. I have carved only in the round so chip carving seems difficult to me. If you can carve snow men then you can read the wood grain. Google love spoons pick a simple pattern and have at it. You can do it.

Arnie

Leave a comment:

• jillinaz
    replied

Beautiful.

A spoon is on my bucket list. However, I am fairly new to carving and besides chip carving I have only done a few snowman for regular carving so thinking a spoon might not be a beginner project but it is only wood so may try. They asked for ideas for classes for our monthly meetings for next year and I said spoons and it was received well so that is promising.

Thanks for the inspiration.

Leave a comment:

• Peter-J
    replied

Very well done. Beautiful finish.

Leave a comment:

• SteveK
    replied

I am amazed at the small parts, like the birds leg. One slip and it wouldn't have made it.

Something to aspire to.

Leave a comment:

• peppypoppa
    replied

You can sign and date that with pride!

Leave a comment:

• CaptBouncy
    replied

Hi Falco, lovely work, I really like the spiral work very clean and neat, well done.

Leave a comment:

• hstrick46
    replied

Very nice spoon, Flaco1! I like that design and you executed it beautifully.

Leave a comment:

• Flaco1
    replied

Thank you all for the kind words. I've only just begun doing spoons and I really enjoy them. I'm looking to order some Basswood and try my hand at Caricatures. I recently ordered some books on the topic and I'm itching to get started.

Leave a comment:

• joepaulbutler
    replied

This is another post I don't want my wife to see···just yet. I've got some other stuff to get carved. But a spoon is definitely on in my stack, will show her your later, know she'll like it as much as I do. . .JoeB

Leave a comment:

• Terry Murphy
    replied

great spoon, and thanks for the pictures

Leave a comment:

• dme253756
    replied

That is one of the most beautiful spoons I've seen. It is well balance in detail and symmetry.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X