Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I read a post about carving a piece away. I certainly did it trying to make it better

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I read a post about carving a piece away. I certainly did it trying to make it better

My new project. I think I will stop here and just paint it.

Re: I read a post about carving a piece away. I certainly did it trying to make it be

You're not alone... I like the bear and would love to see it painted. Please post a finished picture. Joyce2011

Comment

Re: I read a post about carving a piece away. I certainly did it trying to make it be

that is unmistakenly Gandalf alright, before and after his trip to the barber.
      stunning likeness.
      Denny

photos at........ http://wiscoden.jimdo.com/

Comment

Gandalf is certainly looking at you. He looks to be finish with oil? Will be interested in seeing the bear when finished. I don't under stand carving a piece away, what is does this mean , never learn if you don't ask . . .JoeB
        . . .JoeB

Comment

I wish I had left him with full beard! I'm new to carving and and just kept trying to fix his hair and beard until the last picture is what I got. It's a learning lesson, which I'm sure there will be many.

Comment

Came out a bit blotchy. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Comment

Paul Guraedy=I use Golden's Absorbent Ground in place of gesso (which I absolutely hate!) and to cover discolorations (repairs, wood flaws, etc.). Painting on Absorbent Ground is like painting on watercolor paper.

Might work, I haven't tried it yet, but he certainly know he stuff . . .JoeB
              . . .JoeB

Comment

Thanks, I will check it out

Comment

Glad you could tell it was Gandalf.

Comment

Very, very cute. Nicely done.

Comment

Originally posted by Tduke View Post
                      Glad you could tell it was Gandalf.
                      there is no doubt about it being Gandalf. and both of your carvings are just right , even in the movies Gandalf looked wild and wooly under some circumstances and much better groomed at other times. even 2000 year old wizards get a trim now and then.
                      Denny

photos at........ http://wiscoden.jimdo.com/

Comment

Thank you! I appreciate your comments.

Comment

Working...
                        X