A hunter for my Pops.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A hunter for my Pops.

My dad\\\'s birthday is coming up on the 15th. I\\\'ve been trying to find a good pattern for a hunter and finally got a little help for this guy. My dad hunts all season long, but waits until the last couple of days to shoot his deer for the season. I think this sums up his regular hunting day. It is in progress. Any suggestions to add more character are welcome and appreciated. I can see right away that there is some work to do around the eyes and fuzzies here and there. Thank you for your help and for looking.
    Attached Files

Re: A hunter for my Pops.

Cute one, Deb!

Claude
    My FaceBook Page: https://www.facebook.com/ClaudesWoodCarving/
    My Pinterest Page: https://www.pinterest.com/cfreaner/
    My Instagram Page: https://www.instagram.com/claudeswoodcarving/
    My ETSY Shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/ClaudesWoodcarving

Comment

Very nice! Love that hat and great expression. You\'re dad will love it!
      Terry

Comment

The pose and expression get the story across well. He will love it.

Comment

It is outstanding Deb.
          Herb

Comment

Fantastic Deb, I could feel the \'cold weather\' of a Duck Hunter, great
            expression.
            Oscar

Comment

Good one Debbie,. Pretty hard to critique a carving as well done as what you have accomplished. How are you going to finish him···with a nice warm coating of oil
              . . .JoeB
              . . .JoeB

Comment

Debbie, Well done for sure, also it would be a great surprise for him to see the hunters license pinned on the back of his coat but instead of numbers paint in \"His Name\" or just \"dad\", just a suggestion to personalize it. Bill

Comment

That\'s a great carving from the hat all the way down to the welcome mat. really like his expression, the boot laces, everything.
                  I think I hunt bit like your dad. Most of my hunts consists of me and my brother hiking in most of the morning, then stopping to eat all of our food in our backpacks, taking a nap afterwards ( snoring loud enough to scare any animal away within a 5 mile radius) Then hiking back out before it gets too dark.
                  Greg

Comment

Debbie ; You know I gotta love any carving that has a \\\\\\\"Hunter\\\\\\\" theme to it and yours is no exception. Well done and I love the way you showed us that he reached his\\\" bag limit\\\" . I\\\\\\\'m definitely going to remember that one and perhaps work it into one of my carvings some day .......(with your permission of course....)
                    Your Dad is going to love that one for sure.
                    Wayne
                    If you're looking for me, you'll find me in a pile of wood chips somewhere...

Comment

What\'s with all these \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s ...; I know I can\'t type or spell worth beans, but I didn\'t put all the \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\', in my last post ...what\'s up with that...huh ???
                      If you're looking for me, you'll find me in a pile of wood chips somewhere...

Comment

Thank you all for the nice comments! I\'m going to keep at him for a few more days. Pick here, poke there and then I will paint him. Thank you, Bill for the suggestion. I always appreciate suggestions. Wayne, I know that those /// things show up everywhere now. Not your doing. I do give you permission to use the idea. I\'m honored that you find it worth adding to your wonderful hunters.

Comment

Looking good!

Comment

Great carving Deb. I really like the hands. And the work you did on the boot laces. If this is rule number six, you must have a lot of carvings in your future.

Tom
                            If I took the time to fix all my mistakes, I wouldn,t have time to make new ones.

www.spokanecarvers.com

Comment

Thank you Scottie and Tom! I\'m not sure that I\'m suppose to know all the rules of a hunter. This one I am very familiar with because I\'ve often come home with him and I have to carry the drinks!

Comment

Working...
                              X