Orthopedic Carving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Orthopedic Carving

It was just a year ago that my wife fell and broke her hip. they put four 3/16 in x 3-1/2 in screws in her hip to repair it. After four agonizing months they decided to replace it. After the surgery, (which all went well and the hip has been great since) the doctor came out to give us the update and in the process gave me the four screws that had been first put into the hip. I thank him but wonder what any I going to do with the damm things.

well be for the serious type , I though what a better memento. Sick Huh. As usual all comments welcome. . . JoeB
    Attached Files
    . . .JoeB

Re: Orthopedic Carving

cool idea joe

Comment

That is probably the most expensive carving you could ever carve! And one of a kind for sure. Glad her hip is better now.

Comment

At least the screws came out. My wife had jaw surgery some years back and the idiots who performed the operation left a couple of screws just laying in the incision. Subsequent x-rays showed them, but since they caused no problem it was decided to let the be. Needless to say, the family has had a long-running gag about having documented proof that she has a few screws loose.
        Arthur

Comment

Excellent carving, Joe! You might be able to sell that to the doc as a demonstrator...

Claude
          My FaceBook Page: https://www.facebook.com/ClaudesWoodCarving/
          My Pinterest Page: https://www.pinterest.com/cfreaner/
          My Instagram Page: https://www.instagram.com/claudeswoodcarving/
          My ETSY Shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/ClaudesWoodcarving

Comment

Thanks for viewing and the comments to all.
            Goodgal, My wife has seen it yet, so····
            Sappy, Thanks goodness for insurance
            Arthur, That was the problem, screws backing out, but the analogy would be the same
            Claude, Thanks for the nice remark, I think I will keep around as a reminder for her to be carefull
            . . .JoeB
            . . .JoeB

Comment

Thats a cool idea. I think you re a good surgeon too. Well done!
              Greg

Comment

Never seen another carving like it. Nicely carved and A+ on originality.

I like Claude\'s idea. You should show it around to some ortho doctors. You might get some requests for carving more.
                Terry

Comment

JoeB, you are one creative dude!

Comment

I knew all along Joe, that you were really a Hippy........Tom
                    If I took the time to fix all my mistakes, I wouldn,t have time to make new ones.

www.spokanecarvers.com

Comment

Thanks for looking Greg, Terry, Debbie & Tom, but me a hippy, no that my wife, I more a breasty . . .JoeB
                      . . .JoeB

Comment

I like it Joe, Bet the surgeon would get a large charge out of it too.
                        Herb

Comment

Herb, I do not know if she has a follow-up appt. or not, but if she does, I\'ll see if she wants to take it in. Thanks for yours and all the nice comments. . .Joe
                          . . .JoeB

Comment

Well she had her appointment, the doc tried to talk her out of it, but it came home. . .JoeB
                            . . .JoeB

Comment

Thats great JoeB. I had not thought of carving a hip joint but may have to do one for my Doctor. He replaced both of my hips.

Comment

Working...
                              X