Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project for Pay...

Hello all,

I was referred to this forum by a wood carver and hope I am in the right place.

I am looking for someone to take on a carving project as I have no experience and am looking for a particular piece.

I am looking for a custom carved tap handle for a bar. I have attached a picture of the crest that I would want on top with the name of the bar. For the shaft of the handle I was thinking a braided vine like design. I have attached a very shotty sketch of what I am thinking. The handle would need to be durable and would need a threaded nut in the bottom to attach to a tap tower.

The crest would look something like the attached picture (on the top) with the handle looking something like the picture of the vines. I would want the handle straight and probably about one foot tall in total. The crest would be about an inch thick and about 3-4 inches in diameter, while the shaft to be about an inch and a half in diameter.

I\\\'m not 100% confident in the measurements but need it to be very sturdy and applicable. I also need a proper sized nut embedded within the bottom of the shaft in order to screw it on to the tower. I\\\'m sure you have seen a beer tap handle and can envision what I\\\'m talking about.

On one side please write friendship- loyalty- love

Other side- claddagh pub

There is no major need for extreme detail.

I\\\'m not very artistic but I think you can understand where I\\\'m going with it...

Please reach out with any questions and let me know if you would be willing to take on a project like this. I honestly have no idea as to what something like this would normally cost or where to go about getting this order filled. I am somewhat negotiable on price as long as its within reason.

Please provide any feedback you may think necessary.Crest.jpgDrawing.jpgvine.jpgCrest.jpgDrawing.jpgvine.jpg

Thank you all in advance for your assistance in this matter!

-Kevin

Re: Project for Pay...

If you don\'t have any takers on this yet, I\'ll do it at a very reasonable price.

My main question is what sort of wood do you want this made from. That will say a lot about how much time it will take and how difficult it will be to carve.

You can contact me directly at [email protected]
    Bill

Comment

Working...
    X