Two new projects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two new projects

I have recently had two requests for carvings, one by my brothers girlfriend Sharon, and one by my grandson Trenton who is 5. Sharon asked for a woodspirit on an old rolling pin and Trenton wanted a Tiki.

With all of 10 months of carving experience and no real training here is the best I could do. They both need a little sanding before I deliver them.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Willyd; 10-08-2015, 04:28 AM.

Re: Two new projects

Nice work on both.

Comment

training is overrated IMO, Experience is where its at- your carvings look great. Not sure I was doing that well at 10 months... Heck after 8 years some of my whittlings don\'t look that good.....
      Buffalo Bif
      www.bflobif.com

Comment

Thank you for the kind words, it is encouraging to hear. I guess when I look back on it, I could not have done the Tiki so well and the woodspirit would have been blind cuz I could not carve an eye to save my you know what! Carving a great eye still haunts me a bit but I have come a long way. And this group deserves all the credit for what I have accomplished. Without the help of all you folks I wood err uhh would be lost. lol.

The Fall issue of WoodCarving is awesome. I have ordered enough wood to carve every project in it. I\'ll have enough wood to carve six of the grizzly bear on the cover. That way I can practice on three, give one to each of my brothers, and keep one.

Comment

Working...
        X