Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• W.o.t.

Wide Open throttle

This is a fisherman and his best friend on their boat heading out at sunrise. They are both feeling each others excitement of putting the throttle down against the wind and looking forward to a great day together on the water.

To help show the wind: Hat bent up, hat chin strap tight and blowing back, collars ruffling in the wind and dog,s ears up and flopp,n .

I don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t think these picture do a good job showing it but in person I think its pretty cool.
    Its life size... like 3 foot by 3 foot.
    Pine 1x12s glued up.
    Attached Files
    Greg

Re: W.o.t.

Greg, you have to be one of the most under-appreciated carvers around. That\'s a wonderful carving that really shows your talents as both a carver and a creative artist. Thanks so much for posting it. Wonderful scene!
    Terry

Comment

Just amazing carving, or should I say sculpture. Greg your skills surly show through on this piece of work. And to be done out of pine, just ??????
      Well done sire. . .JoeB
      . . .JoeB

Comment

Life-like detail. An excellent work.

Comment

Those wonderful expressions show their joy. You can look at them and feel the wind they are making.

Comment

Thank you for the very kind comments. I think this is my favorite carving I,ve done so far.

I knew it would take me the most time so I decided to document my time. I,ve never done it before and was curious, for sure I would have no idea otherwise.
            I had 81 hours in it from start to finish. Labor... I\'m a slow carver. I averaged 2 hour carving sessions at a time.
            I\'m not including a 5 hour hat redo.
            Greg

Comment

Absolutely beautiful!!
              Bill K.
              Every day should be unwrapped like a precious gift.

Comment

WOW!!!! Greg you really Nailed this Carving. I can see why it took you 81 Hrs.. You have to get a big EXCELLENT on all round. You definitely will enjoy that for a long time. Merle

Comment

Excellent job!

Comment

A marvelous piece of art, you have a piece to really be proud of. Tremendous technique in this, congratulations.

Comment

Dang Greg, That is one amazing carving. I wish you would have had it in our show. That should move you to the top of the charts on this site. Right up there with Fred.

Great job, Tom
                      If I took the time to fix all my mistakes, I wouldn,t have time to make new ones.

www.spokanecarvers.com

Comment

An excellent work.

Comment

Great work!! love the detail and expressions tell a great stony.

Comment

Just WOW! You did an excellent job carving this scene. I love the dog\'s ears blowing back. That makes it for me!
                            Hazel Strickland
                            AKA Dixie Whittler

Comment

Absolutely beautiful, Greg!

Claude
                              My FaceBook Page: https://www.facebook.com/ClaudesWoodCarving/
                              My Pinterest Page: https://www.pinterest.com/cfreaner/
                              My Instagram Page: https://www.instagram.com/claudeswoodcarving/
                              My ETSY Shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/ClaudesWoodcarving

Comment

Working...
                              X