My Rose & Duck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Rose & Duck

After seeing Charey Phillips\\\\\\\'s Wild Rose in WCI issue #71, I knew I had to give it a try.

Tom Ellis showed us his Golf Club Duck & shaft gouges. I showed the Bend back gouges earlier, so I wanted to try the duck.

Both finished off about the same time, here they are. C&C are welcome and encouraged. Thanks for looking . . .JoeB
    Attached Files
    . . .JoeB

Re: My Rose & Duck

Nice work on both

Comment

Pretty cool! Love the colors too. Not sure how you did the duck head. Is this carved from two pieces?
      Terry

Comment

Thanks guys. Terry, if you will look closely at the the L jpg you can see a seem where I dowel/glued a piece of bass wood onto a golf club head, painted the eye, then gave it all a coat of acrylic paint to kind of match the pieces up. Got five more club head, but will wait a while before I do them, got other fish to fry.

Thanks for looking . . .JoeB
        . . .JoeB

Comment

Cute little ducky. Well done on both, Joe.
          Greg

Comment

Hi JoeB, Good job, they will make a great Conversation pieces. Merle

Comment

Originally posted by joepaulbutler View Post
              Thanks guys. Terry, if you will look closely at the the L jpg you can see a seem where I dowel/glued a piece of bass wood onto a golf club head, painted the eye, then gave it all a coat of acrylic paint to kind of match the pieces up. Got five more club head, but will wait a while before I do them, got other fish to fry.

Thanks for looking . . .JoeB
              Nice work! The wood matches up well.
              Terry

Comment

Nice carvings joepaul!
                Hazel Strickland
                AKA Dixie Whittler

Comment

Working...
                X