X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Need A Guinea Pig!

Can I ask for a volunteer to go to

www.outwestwoodcarving.blogspot.com

and take a test ride through my new Blog to see if everything is running as it should? Check out the new post "Let's Get Started!" , review the "Additional Photos" and leave a "Comment". Been working on this all day and want to make sure that I've got it right.

Thomp: Sorry about that BIG picture. Corrected it.

Re: I Need A Guinea Pig!

Lynn I just went to your site and it looks pretty good' Is there a way a person could print out the step by step photos etc. I also tried to leave a comment and it didn't want to let me without a blogger account and when I tried to get one it would come up as an error. I hope this helps.

Ron

Comment

yep, wouldn't let me in either, made me change password and said hihosliver was not available? no blog tonight, maybe ale? ooops thats grog.Cheers
      "Lif iz lik a box "o" choc lets, ya nevr kno whut yull git!"

Comment

Lynn,
        I just went through your site and left a comment. Well a couple. I was able to leave a comment as I changed from the blogger to other.

Looks great and the pictures were great also. Have your site bookmarked for future additions.
        One thing I did notice that a lot of carvers site don't have, that is, you are wearing a glove and thumb protection. Bet if others used a box cutter, they would also.
        Great start Lynn.

Ron, click on "other" instead of blogger and you should be able to leave Lynn some comments.

Comment

Lynn- just went to your Blog and it works fine.
          Ron if you want to save pictures just open them up and right click and save as to your desk top.

Frank
          Safety first

Comment

Thanks Kenny I'll try that.

Frank I knew I could do that I was wondering about picture and text if any. I could probably copy whole page also.

Comment

Lynn, Thanks for sharing and taking the time and effort, much appreciated.
              I found the setup a little clunky, not your efforts Lynn, but the Blogger system makes it slightly difficult to capture picture and text easily. Other than that it looks like a great caricature project, looking forward to the next session.
              Keep up the good work.

Cheers.

OG

Comment

OK I got in, had to click on "other" instead of blog, or member or whatever it is. I can't believe you are using a utility knife on those! I have sharpened a few blades for use around here, but they dull up so fast, I never thought of using them to carve with? if you like the shape, maybe a large chip knife would work? No doubt much better steel! But...on the other hand, the carvings you do, I think you could probably do them with a soup can lid and they would come out spectacular! lolCowboy

Comment

Lynn, dont get me wrong, it wasent a problem i dont mind the long down in exchange for quality and detail. im a paitent person with bad eyesight.. and know that its just gonna take longer, Although there happen to be those amoungst us that like to run full tilt and hate to wait.

i was just sending you a heads up or A FYI [for yout information] note....

Originally posted by Lynn O. Doughty
                  Can I ask for a volunteer to go to

www.outwestwoodcarving.blogspot.com

and take a test ride through my new Blog to see if everything is running as it should? Check out the new post "Let's Get Started!" , review the "Additional Photos" and leave a "Comment". Been working on this all day and want to make sure that I've got it right.

Thomp: Sorry about that BIG picture. Corrected it.

Comment

Thomp.....That was no problem at all. As a matter of fact your post came in while I was setting here waiting for that photo to load in. I had thought I had downsized them all but evidently forgot that one. One of the main problems for me on doing these threads, blogs, or whatever is editing them for all the mistakes I make.

Stick with me people.....I'll get the kinks worked out eventually.

Hey....I love my Box Knife!! I've got just about every carving tool you could own but I always seem to find my way back to the old Box Knife. I put in a new blade, run it across the polishing wheel and finish up with a few swipes across the leather it's ready to do it's duty. As long as I don't drop it on the floor or bang it into something it stays sharp as long as any blade. When it's dull I just flip it over and start out again. The blade is very flexible and is the best thing I've found for doing very fine detail on a face. So while the professionals are ordering their $50 carving knives you'll probably find me over at the tool section in Wal-Mart spending $1.50 for another pack of Box Knife blades!!

A note of caution...If you think you'd like to try my knife system, make sure you get a handle that DOES NOT DETRACT! That detractable mechinism makes it unsafe for carving.

Comment

I have always called them utility knives? and the other in this picture a box cutter? so for the sake of discussion, I am posting a picture lol

Comment

I checked out your site carvings are great and I just wish I had the talent to paint like you do!!!!!
                        Bill

Comment

Lynn:
                          Looks great,great idea to try a website tutorial.
                          Mark N. Akers
                          My Etsy Store: https://www.etsy.com/shop/KarolinaKarver

Comment

I finally got it.I mean the head in the pattern.At 1st I thought the arm was the head.I have a piece of basswood 3x8x24 .What size did you use? What height does he end up being?Thanks for all your doing.

Comment

lynn,

the blogspot looks great,

bart

Comment

Working...
                              X