• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soggy
    replied
    Re: Mountainman in the makin\\\'

Originally posted by Tinwood View Post
    He turned out great Wayne. Is that a \\\"bear\\\" trap or a \\\"bare\\\" trap in his hand? Hehe

Tinwood
    ... lol ..that\'s a Nova Scotia mosquito trap........we grow \'em big out here on the coast...

Leave a comment:

• sappy
    replied

Nice carving, I like the hatchet, great detail!

Leave a comment:

• Tinwood
    replied

He turned out great Wayne. Is that a \"bear\" trap or a \"bare\" trap in his hand? Hehe

Tinwood

Leave a comment:

• joepaulbutler
    replied
    Re: Mountainman in the makin\\\\\\\\

Well, I am @#$%&@ glad you did . Well done sir. Lots of good character details, I was draw to the eyes.
    . . . JoeB

Leave a comment:

• Soggy
    replied
    Re: Mountainman in the makin\\\\\\\\

Just when I was starting to feel good about this forum, the demons seemed to have surfaced again. I spent 15 - 20 minutes composing some text and attaching 5 pictures of the finished project only to hit the \\\\\\\"submit: button and send the message off into who knows where...#$*&%$#
    I\\\\\\\'ll try ONCE more............
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Soggy
    replied
    Re: Mountainman in the makin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'

Today\\\\\\\'s progress.........Burned in the highlights, a light sanding with the Sand-O-Flex ,and have glued his right arm in place. Once the glue sets up I will do a bit of fine tuning where his arm meets his body and then he\\\\\\\'ll be ready for painting.
    I have tried different things to hold the arms in place until the glue dries and have found disposable tourniquets to be very effective for this step. It doesn\\\'t hurt that I have a paramedic as a good friend to supply me with them..........

Wayne
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Soggy
    replied

Originally posted by bowinhand View Post
    Looking great can not wait to see him burnt and finished. Coon skin cap is a nice touch. Did you use Lynns method for putting the hat on?
    Yes that is right, I use basically the same methods as Lynn does. In my opinion it looks more realistic if the hat fits down over the head, instead of just sitting on top of the head. Most of the characters that I carve are wearing a baseball type hats and I use that method on them. I think it will work on almost any type of headgear.

Leave a comment:

• Nomad
    replied

That will be the best prize at the ronnyvoo! Nice work and thanks for the step-by-step.

Leave a comment:

• bowinhand
    replied

Looking great can not wait to see him burnt and finished. Coon skin cap is a nice touch. Did you use Lynns method for putting the hat on?

Leave a comment:

• Tinwood
    replied

Great stuff there Wayne, you even got the hatchet incorporated which was a nice touch. Well done.

Tinwood

Leave a comment:

• joepaulbutler
    replied

Boy , what a guy can get done with no interruptions (the wife is not around hopefully). Anyway locking good. You know, all the talk about the Sand-O-Flex, I kept locking for one in the hardware stores and they all though I was a little off, I found it on the internet, but I was not excited about it be plastic housing. I happen to stumble on a older metal one on E-Bay. got it bought and home for about $10 less than the plastic ones. I can see why people like them.

Well enough jaw, will be watch for further advancements.
    . . .JoeB

Leave a comment:

• Dan Wegiel
    replied

Looking great!!!

Leave a comment:

• Soggy
    replied

Well got the lawn mowed so I\\\'m allowed to carve again.....
    He\\\'s just about ready for the burner now, I\\\'ll clean-up some of the cuts and burn in the highlights, then a light sanding with the Sand-o-flex and he\\\'ll be ready for some paint.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• sappy
    replied

Looking good...!

Leave a comment:

• Tinwood
    replied

Coming along nicely Wayne. I\'ve been watching some of Lynn\'s videos lately and I might have to try something along those lines myself. Of course, 40 years experience makes his method of working look effortless. Can\'t say as it would be so much for myself. Keep those pics coming.

Tinwood

Leave a comment:

Working...
X