Ashbys Portrait of Stonewall Dilema

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ashbys Portrait of Stonewall Dilema

Gary, guess I should have said prints are RELATIVELY cheap. I know that production costs can run quite high. That said, I can pick up a Norman Rockwell or Terry Redlin print for around 30 bucks....maybe 50.

I don't have enough money in my meager estate to buy an original!

So, my "nothing" statement was merely meant as a comparison between what someone donating a print to an auction/raffle has tied up in value. compared to what you will have in value with your original Stonewall!

Al

Comment

Al,
      I have collects prints for a while now, mostly Kunstler prints But also a few of the Kincade, with a few odds and ends thrown in and I understand about prints being realitive in expense.

Art, your comment really got me into thinking about would someone really want copies of this, so that sent me out into the plant where I got to talk to other people, and then talked to my wife.
      I was a bit dumfounded. Ok well more than a bit. This set me off to find more information about copyright protection. I never consider making this for profit. And found out the law for 10 copies has been modified because of the internet. So I contacted the place where I had gotten the picture and received the right to produce carvings using the photo.
      One thing I realized when I read the information on the copyright law was that anything published on the internet is basically under copyright law. This along with your comment made me think if I produce a carving what would be there to keep it from being sold or used by the person I sold it to to reproduce it. So even the next Stonewall for the auction will be a non reproduction notice for the protection of the copyright and the site where I got the orginial photo.
      I will also give them credit for allowing me the use of the photo.

Garry

Comment

Life sure gets complicated, don't it?

Al

Comment

Working...
        X