Stylized humming Bird

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Stylized humming Bird

Frank, thank you, I took a look see and that was a neat Humming bird and flower scene. Will give it a try with this latest Hummer.

Lynn, Thanks for the suggestion and here is a different humming bird. Sorry for the photo. haven't use the suggestion from the other post yet.
    Not completed yet, Just rough stage

Comment

Now this looks like he's hovering for a drink! Nice.

Comment

Kenny,
        One other idea in regard to hummingbirds. Take a profile view of the hummer you just posted, reduce it in size to about 1" to 1 1/2" tall, carve the detail in the half, attach a jewelery pin to the back, and you have a neat pin for your favorite lady's dress. Don't make just one though, all your favorite ladies will want one, especially if you make them out of red cedar, walnut, butternut, or any pretty wood.
        Garon

Originally posted by Kenny_S
        Frank, thank you, I took a look see and that was a neat Humming bird and flower scene. Will give it a try with this latest Hummer.

Lynn, Thanks for the suggestion and here is a different humming bird. Sorry for the photo. haven't use the suggestion from the other post yet.
        Not completed yet, Just rough stage

Comment

Good Ideas Garon. The last humming bird is 1 1/2 inchs from tail to top of it's head and would be a good canidate for just that purpose.
          When the little bride gets her little bird painted, I wil post a picture of it. Realy cute, She saw Wanda Reb's egg birdy and she bought a dozen basswood eggs from them and she has already carved out one. For her first one, it came out really cute.
          BTW< I have carved some doves for pins out of walnut, oak, butternut, Basswood and I think a paduaka(sp). Anyway, the latter was redish to orange and real hard.
          Later

Comment

Working...
          X