Ear rings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ear rings

When one is too cheap to purchase wood, this is what can happen. Thomas, you mentioned Jenga blocks and that got me thinking. You like to carve small, as do several others on this Board. Maybe we should start a challenge of some sort.
    Tom H
    http://beginnerscarvingcorner.blogspot.com/

Re: Ear rings

Uh-ohhhh....

Comment

Ya uh-ohh is right.. now you dunnit, You gave me another idea to work on. Xmas tree ornments for the dolls... LOL

Now where did I put my magnifying glass...mmmmm...

Those are just tooo cute Tom!

Comment

Ok Tom, you win! I can't even see that small!!!
        Nice ones. What are the size of these little Santas?

Comment

Han Marci, earrings for the dolls!

Comment

Actually, I was thinking of Jenga size dolls with moving arms and legs and all!Head Bange

Comment

Bob, you win also!

Comment

Cute! Maybe I can do a set for Karen for the season! ahhhh...mebbe too small for me to work on.

Al

Comment

Earrings too small to work on? Make them a little bigger so they're easier to work on and glue pinbacks on them for the special women in your life to wear on their coats!Ice Cream

Comment

Okay......I am a small carver.....ooops.....I like to carve small things.....I'm in! What did you use for the loops on the Santas? I find it hard to get small screw-in rounds.
                    Sharon

Comment

Sharon, I was waiting for you to respond! I knew you like to carve small. All the metal parts for the ear rings came from a shop that sells glass beads and all sorts of the materials for ear rings, bracelets, necklaces. The ear wires are surgical Steel and are $1.50 for 20. The screw eyes are not really screw eyes, but are eye pins, and are pushed into the wood ear rings. The eye pins are silver plated and are $1.00 for 25. Let me know if you can't find any, I'll get them for you. Tom H
                      http://beginnerscarvingcorner.blogspot.com/

Comment

Hi, I made ear rings when I sold to craft stores, and bought most of my supplies from Wal Mart. Ear rings are Real popular, but my fingers arn't as nimble as they used to be, and I found other things to work on. Grin.

Comment

Thanks for the info. My friend does a lot of jewelry, I bet she knows where I can get the goods!
                          Now.....about more time......

Comment

And I thought I was doing good carving out tiny spoons for ear rings. (shrugs)

Nice work, Tom. Can I borrow your magnifying glass?

Comment

Yooooo, Tom I love the earrings, but as far as a challenge for me at least I'd loose all my fingers on that project. Sooooo I'll pass! LOL
                              Kathy

Comment

Working...
                              X