Carved doors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carved doors

Hey all I just finished a set of swing doors for my place of work for advertising at. Here's a pic of the finished project. My husband made the doors for me. Sorry for being so large!
    Krum

Re: Carved doors

those look cool, nice job

Comment

Hi Cathy, your doors look awesome!!
      your husband did a great job on building them, if i had too change anything i would
      use a flatter finnish but thats just me,
      great looking doors
      Stacey

Comment

Beautiful job on the door Cathy,thanks for sharing the picture with us.
        Mark N. Akers
        My Etsy Store: https://www.etsy.com/shop/KarolinaKarver

Comment

Very Nice !

Attention getters I am sure .

Comment

A beautiful piece of art Cathy. They look pretty heavy.Apple

Comment

Ok Dick,,,,do you mean heavy as in oh cool,,,awesome....farout? LOL Or HEAVY as in weight? They are really on the weight heavy side at all. They have been working out great at work and it's sure been an eye catcher so hoping some words float around to be able to get some carving commissions. Always a chance! Thanks for the nice comment. Also the reason they are glossy was a voted discission. Glossy won.
              Krum

Comment

Hi Cathy,
                I guess you could say all the above.
                I wish I had a chance to vote on the finish. I'd have chosen a Satin finish. On a relief carving the gloss tends to obliterate the shadows, which really is one of main aspects of relief carving.
                Also I think the carving must look much better in real life. I've had difficulty getting a decent picture of relief carvings. When using a flash you should take it from an angle to eliminate flash reflection, otherwise don't use the flash & direct some light from the side.
                I hope you don't mind my input.

These doors must be at the Sawmill. I'd like to see it sometime , but we never go to places like that anymore, because of my wife's allergies to smoke, & perfumes.

Regards, Dick Apple

Comment

I had taken many pics inside and out. Yeah it's hard when I am not really set up for doing pictures. It's easier when the items were smaller! And it was a bit harder when they weren't attached to something. I agree with the flash info. I had no one to help when I needed to take the picture. The doors are at the Blackberry Store. Not at the Sawmill. It's a bar so bummed that you won't be able to see them. Thanks for the comments and info. Always welcome!

Comment

Hello everyone, I am a new member but have been carving for a while full time.As far as finishes go a soft luster always wins. If I find a finish too glossy I use a scotch brite pad followed with a bit of wax gives a nice sheen. Also I almost never use a flash, too much reflection.Instead light from an oblique angle to show depth and highlights.Flash from straight on kills depth.

Comment

Working...
                    X