Fireman Bottle stopperWIP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fireman Bottle stopperWIP

Here is a WIP of a Pete ortell's Fireman bottle stopper.
    Comments, good or bad welcomed.

Re: Fireman Bottle stopperWIP

Great job there Kenny. That's too small a work for me.
    Ron

Comment

KennyS,
      Great minds must think alike. I'm getting ready to leave for the winter and just band saw cut out 10 bottle stoppers so I'd have something to work on. Yours looks good. Is it the first. Love the lower lip sticking out.

Comment

Ron, It isn't really small. About 6 or 7 inchs tall by about 4 inchs wide and as thick and it is wide. I loved carving it.
        Bob, where you and your lovely wife be headed for? Yes, This is my my first bottle stopper. But I think I will probably caeve a base in the form of a fireman's coat and stick it on it foe display. Man son came by and said, Is it for me. Hmmmmmmm, Maybe and maybe not. he is a Paramedic/fireman.
        Still need to clean it up and get the helmet finished then painted. I have the Bishop Dusty roughout finished carving but also need to paint it.

Bob, you and your wife be carefull.
        Thanks for the positive comments from both of you..

Comment

Looks good Kenny, he looks good, thats going to be a nice bottle stopper.
          Mel

Originally posted by Kenny_S
          Ron, It isn't really small. About 6 or 7 inchs tall by about 4 inchs wide and as thick and it is wide. I loved carving it.
          Bob, where you and your lovely wife be headed for? Yes, This is my my first bottle stopper. But I think I will probably caeve a base in the form of a fireman's coat and stick it on it foe display. Man son came by and said, Is it for me. Hmmmmmmm, Maybe and maybe not. he is a Paramedic/fireman.
          Still need to clean it up and get the helmet finished then painted. I have the Bishop Dusty roughout finished carving but also need to paint it.

Bob, you and your wife be carefull.
          Thanks for the positive comments from both of you..

Comment

Thats going to be a good one when you finish him!Talking
            "Lif iz lik a box "o" choc lets, ya nevr kno whut yull git!"

Comment

Great work so far and indeed a worthy profession worth honoring!
              Dave Brock

Comment

kenny,

looking good a little clean-up and she will be great.

bart

Comment

great job he's got that cragly ol look to him,gives him personality!!!

Comment

Super job, Kenny! Please show us pics after he's been painted.

Jillsy

Comment

Fantastic job on the Firemen Bottletoppers Kenny.
                      Mark N. Akers
                      My Etsy Store: https://www.etsy.com/shop/KarolinaKarver

Comment

Kenny,
                        The fireman is looking super. Lower lip hangin' out makes him look like he just found an arsonist. Don't think I'd like to meet him if I had a hand full of matches.
                        Garon

Comment

Thanks Guys, I appreciate your kind words.

Mark, thank you. I feel I have come a ways from my first caricature. love carving them now.

Garon, yep, got Kick Butt kind of thing going on. I really enjoyed this one. The only other one that Ihave enjoyed carving was the St Nick of Vicki Pishops and the Dusty(which isn't finished) of Phil bishops. I hope that when I take their class again next Oct, I am better at caricature carvings.
                          A little story here. When I signed up for the first one, I wasn't really sure if I was good enough to carving a caricature from them. When I got there to their class, Vicki said that Tony said I had work to do before I started, which broke the ice a little. Long story but won't get into it now.Thenwhen I see all these guys who has been carving caricatures for years and years, I was intimmidated. However, Clumsy me, tipped over a 44 oz mug of tea and Vicki started cleaning up after me. Well, the Ice was broke again and with the encouragement of all there including Phil and Vicki, I manage to get the St Nick finished and started on The Dusty roughout.. So, That is me little tale about the first 20 minutes at the class.

Comment

Nice work Kenny... but then I knew it would be! Now, if it were a bottle stopper, what kind of bottle would you put it in.? Also where would you get the corks? I ordered a bottle stopper book but couldn't figure out about the bottles... to put them in... Charlotte

Comment

One big wine bottle!
                              I am sorry Mrs. Gibbs, That was a smartaleck reply and forgive me.
                              I wonder that myself as that was the first Bottle topper I have carved and probably will make it into just another carving. I do have a piece of basswood that I may carve in to a half chest with fireman's coat and stick the head on it or in it.
                              Anyways, that is the plan at this time.

Thank you for the Kind words, greatly appreciated.

Comment

Working...
                              X