Two New Projects.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two New Projects.

Hi everyone here are two new projects that I am starting on. The Eagle is 2X15 diameter basswood. The covered bridge is 15X20X1.5 . I think you can see that with the help of Katy we removed allot of wood already with a forstner bit. This area is an inch and an eighth deep so I cheated a little. Scared the heck out of Katy me running the drill press but she did good guiding me on where to drill. Well someone had to do it and she wouldn't run the drill press herself. It was fun after getting over the initial shock and fighting which I lost.
    Ron

Re: Two New Projects.

Great looking start Ron.
    Hey, what is that lazy lou doing, sleeping??? Better get him trained to help ya.
    Waiting to see those reliefs finish or the progree .

Comment

Ron:
      Looks like you got a great start on the projects,post them as you go along.
      Mark N. Akers
      My Etsy Store: https://www.etsy.com/shop/KarolinaKarver

Comment

A couple of great looking projects Ron. I'm looking forward to see what you do with that Eagle, that's a beauty of a pattern.

Enjoy them.

Bob
        Before they slip me over the standing part of the fore sheet, let them pipe: "Up Spirits" one more time.

Comment

Kathy is a BRAVE and a GOOD woman - lol
          I hope Santa is very good to her.

Comment

great job ron.cant wait till there finished keep up the good work
            ron

Comment

Hey Ron,
              You sure do get a lot of projects going! That eagle will be stunning when it's done. Great pattern. Keep us up to date on the progress please. I love watching it come into being.
              Thor
              Steve

Comment

Those are very nice patterns. Would you mind sharing where you accessed them. I'm assuming that you didn't draw them them up yourself, but correct me if I'm wrong.
                Patrick

Comment

The covered bridge pattern is from one of Lora Irish's books Landscapes in Releif. The eagle pattern I will look up and let you know. I just enlarged them to a size comfortable for me to work with.

Comment

Thanks Ron. I'll have to get Irish's book to add to my library.
                    Patrick

Comment

Nice start Ron we talked about the covered bridge but you didnt mention the eagle. Hang onto that woman my friend one like that is hard to find. Ron it is not cheating using a forsner bit. How ever you remove wood is ok with me. Hell I use a chainsaw so if your cheating then what am I doing. Now Ron I dont want you using a chainsaw then Katy will be really nervous. Look forward to seeing the progress. Have a good new years
                      Colin
                      Jim - The Doing is as much fun as the Viewing!
                      Jackson, MS

Comment

Darn Colin I was looking forward to changing my signature too Blind Man With Chainsaw! No Colin I won't use a chainsaw made me to nervous using the drill press.

The Eagle pattern came from the book Relief Carving Treasury By William F. Judt.

Another good book is Wild Carving In Relief By Lora Irish.

Have a Happy and Safe New Year looks like I will stay home today. Went for my walk this a.m. Left with a black dog when I got home Lou was white from being covered with snow! My beard and face was a white frozen mess.
                        Ron

Comment

Keep the white stuff up there Ron.Talking

Comment

ron,

nice start to the projects, cant wait to see them finished.

bart

Comment

Working...
                            X