Buffalo Rough-out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buffalo Rough-out

HELLO ALL THOUGHT I WOULD POST SOME PROGRESS ON MY BUFFALO; I HOPE I'M DOING IT JUSTICE. HOW WUOLD I START THE HORNS? AND ANY OTHER HELP'S
    I'M STILL A NEW.Smile

Re: Buffalo Rough-out

You are well on your way with the Buff'..... the shape looks great. The horns aren't huge on the Buff, just a quarter moon shape, so just use a stop cut and shape them up. What kind of wood is it? You'll need a light hand and small cuts/shavings, to insure it doesn't chip or splinter. Just take your time.

Bob
    Before they slip me over the standing part of the fore sheet, let them pipe: "Up Spirits" one more time.

Comment

when i did mine i carved the horns sep then glued them in.

Comment

good job so far ,take your time think about your cuts,i've been wanting to do me a buffalo now i'm getting fired up even more to try one

Comment

Thank You so much for help. I Did the coat hair last night. Might have a struggle with legs and hoofs. By the way it's a gift carving.

Comment

From first glance you're taking off too much in the flank area. Also, the placement of the eyes looks off and the eye-mound much too small. I'd stop and take a moment to do a little research to get a good grasp of a Buffalo's anatomy, especially the head, paying special attention to the eyes, mouth and horns. Make sure you carve the entire eyelid structure before you attempt to do the eye itself.

Just my opinion.

Comment

Where is a good place to research all I have found in Google is to fr away pic. Should I replace the I postion and move it.

Comment

Make sure you look for "Bison". Also, "Bison, anatomy" Try other search engines....
                www.dogpile.com (a real good one)
                www.live.com (windows live search.)

make sure you select "images" as a search critia. You will be inundated with tons of material, I guarantee it!

Comment

I waited tell last to finish the horns on my buffalo. and I left them attached into the hair line as mine is a decorative carving and I don't want them to ever break off. Good luck.

Comment

That looks Great ! thanks for help
                    working leggs useing a denny knife and Dremel. trying to most of it by hand.

Comment

there's several bison pics on this board go down to the bottom of the topics in the main board and sevral people have buffalo pics there

Comment

Working...
                      X