Angel For Katy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Angel For Katy

Hi everyone here is an update on the angel I am working on for katy. I need some input on what I need to do yet. It feels pretty good so far but I need help on what else it may need.
    Ron

Re: Angel For Katy

Ron , real nice releif carving. I dont know how you feel about sanding, but I would take some 400 grit sandpaper and just lightly go over the entire piece, hitting all the sharp corners and edges, paying close attentoin not to take out the fine detail you have carved in.

Comment

Ron that is a beautiful piece of work. I cant believe the detail you have into this piece. As for critisism I not sure I have any. I dont think I could have done as well. The only thing I really see is that the forehead could have a little more depth. Between the forehead and the hair to give the forehead some depth. It really is nit picking but you asked and I know you like help. How deep of a relief is the carving and how thick is your board?. Nice start look forward to the finished product.
      Colin
      Jim - The Doing is as much fun as the Viewing!
      Jackson, MS

Comment

Ron that is terrific!
        "Lif iz lik a box "o" choc lets, ya nevr kno whut yull git!"

Comment

Wow! Ron, That is really nice. Tom H
          http://beginnerscarvingcorner.blogspot.com/

Comment

ron,
            It looks great, especially the feathers, nice detail on them! It looks like you're not done on the face yet, but I'm sure it'll be "as fine as the feathers" when you're done with it! Keep it up!
            Wade

Comment

That is unbelievable Ron! The detail and proportion are all wonderful!!

Comment

I thought the face needed some more work it is hard to feel it because of the hair. And also the fact that it is cold in the garage where I carve my heater is not keeping up very well. I will work on it some though. The relief is fairly shallow the curviture of the wings is the deepest part at probably 3/4 in at the deepest part. The peice of wood is only 1 1/4 thick. I haven't done much sanding yet I wanted some input first it's hard to tell without seeing it. I thought about trying to do some wood burning on it but not sure how to go about it without burning my finger tips which are also my eyes.
                Ron

Comment

Ron, that is a fantastic relief. I would sand just a little like Mark suggested. Very lightly.
                  You know, many with sight can't carve that good! I being one of those.
                  Amazing my friend and I know Katy will love it just the way it is.
                  Beautiful!
                  Are you going to paint stain or leave natural?

Comment

Ok Ron ,

I have a big question

How do you do your patterns ? So that you know levels and which line your working on .

Also how do you get the pattern on the wood ?

Ash

Comment

Just amazing Ron. Good job.

Chipper67

Comment

Ash Tomorrow I will post a thread about how I do them. It's kind of complicated to explain so I will try and take some pictures.

Comment

Working...
                        X