blackbeard returns!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• blackbeard returns!!!

the pirate i think is now complete thanks for all the advice and tips,i carved the chest and skeleton as one piece and placed the head from the other chest(briefcase),on here i am so glad for the suggestions i am so much happier with it now,plus this really pushed me creatively,didn't think i would be able to do it,i went with some color to kind of highlight it some what. so what do ya think now? thanks for all the great imput i tried to put it to good use

Re: blackbeard returns!!!

That is a nice one DADDIO! Just enough color to highlite the whole piece. the skeleton is a nice touch. I like it!

Comment

Me things ye have gotten the baracles off that one Mate !

Well Done =)

Comment

Well....shiver me timbers matie, that's a right smart piece o'whittlin'! The Cap'n would be right proud to see what his exploits has inspired.....an' you has my aff'ie'davy on it!

Cheers

Bob
        Before they slip me over the standing part of the fore sheet, let them pipe: "Up Spirits" one more time.

Comment

aarrgghhhh me thanks ye matie's fer all the kind words

Comment

would you still mount this on a base or just let it sit the way it is?

Comment

I see you made your adjustments on the chest - looks good...as does all the other parts to the carving. I've been on the lookout for a pirates of the carribean poster to try my hand at doing some of the many new characters in thier latest movie release. It would be a relief in a slab of course...too big a project to do in the round for me.
              Patrick

Comment

thanks i took some ideas tossed at me from the board here and glad i did,that's a cool relief idea let us know when you start that love to see it

Comment

daddio,

i like it the changes you made to it really made the peice unique. i like the color better also rather than the staining idea.

bart

Comment

Hey! That looks great! And yes....it needs a base. A real nice piece of Oak stained dark with a nice brass nameplate would make that carving look like the prize winner it is. Go to www.signsbygwynn.com and order one. They're inexpensive and you'll get it back in just a couple of days. I'd suggest 'Double-line Block" for the title and "Script" for your name.

Again, nice work!

Comment

gottcha on the base,i thought they did it all,i'll head to the shop and make one and get the name plate,man this might end up looking like a sho-nuff carving!! lol

Comment

Mike.....I don't know the size of your piece but I'd suggest the A-30 or A-35 size nameplate. Thats what I use. You don't want your base to overpower your carving. Good luck. Look forward to seeing it.

Comment

the bottom is 4"x5" how much larger would you make the base? when i finish it i'll let you know,post more pics,once again thanks for the help

Comment

I'd make the base 1/4" to 3/8" larger all around to allow for a routed edge if you want one. While a routed edge isn't necessary it makes it look much more professional. One thing, if you're not that familiar with routers I wouldn't suggest you try it on a piece that small. If you are then fine. I have my router table set up for the bases I make so it's a snap to do one. A table is a must for this step as there is jut no way to safely hold the router on something that small. Whatever you do, be careful!

Comment

DADDIO< Just a suggestion on the base, Not a square one but oval or round or maybe a rectangle but I would doctor up the base with sea sand, as star fish, even seaweed. Easily carved of course. Just a suggestion and does not reflect the opinion of others or the management.

Comment

Working...
                              X