NA Indian Redone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NA Indian Redone

I was going to start this thread by crediting everyone who gave me feedback on my recarving of the Native American Indian I posted here earlier....however, I'm worried everyone might expect something totally different from their input. Ah well, this will have to do. Please don't critique this one as I have to move onRed Face
    Seriously though, I do feel I have improved upon my earlier carving. I posted the unstained version to illustrate just how much wood I removed. I think the nose and feather was the only area I didn't recarve. I learned alot from everyone's input and will try one again....later. I expect it will be much improved upon. Now back to carving woodspirits.
    Patrick.

Re: NA Indian Redone

I 'm sure it turned out just fine Patrick.

Comment

Patrick.....What a difference. You should have put up the before and after photos so we can see just what you did to modify this bust.

THe eyebrows look good and the sunken cheek areas areas really bring out the character of the piece. Perfect.

Comment

No critique needed Patrick, much better!!! That looks more like it! Well done.

Bob
        Before they slip me over the standing part of the fore sheet, let them pipe: "Up Spirits" one more time.

Comment

Patrick, I agree, great job! You should be happy with how much your carving skills are growing! Deborah

Comment

That looks excellent! the streak in the wood under his left eye reminds me of the old "Iron Eyes Cody" commercial where he is sitting on a horse looking at all the litter in america and has a tear on his cheek! Good Job!
            "Lif iz lik a box "o" choc lets, ya nevr kno whut yull git!"

Comment

Thumbs Up great job!!

Comment

I am jealous Patrick.The training you received and all the practice you told me about is paying off.You are getting better and better carving wrinkles.Great job bud.Cheers

Comment

yeah !! great ! i really like your improvement. it is wonderful to see how you put all suggestions in, and even though kept your own style. congratualtions, patrick, this is really nice carving. well done !

Comment

Originally posted by woodtrapper
                    I am jealous Patrick.The training you received and all the practice you told me about is paying off.You are getting better and better carving wrinkles.Great job bud.Cheers

Thats because he has boards and boards all over the shop with nothing on them but wrinkles ha ha
                    "Lif iz lik a box "o" choc lets, ya nevr kno whut yull git!"

Comment

Thank you everyone. Your tips, wisdom, and patients meant a lot for this carver.
                      Patrick

Comment

Looks great, Patrick! I think you've improved it a lot.

Claude
                        My FaceBook Page: https://www.facebook.com/ClaudesWoodCarving/
                        My Pinterest Page: https://www.pinterest.com/cfreaner/
                        My Instagram Page: https://www.instagram.com/claudeswoodcarving/
                        My ETSY Shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/ClaudesWoodcarving

Comment

Patrick, I had been following your earlier thread and learning right along with you...I Like both carvings, great job on the first one too. Bill

Comment

Working...
                          X