The Fiddler is finished

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Fiddler is finished

Alice~ Thks' Im glad you enjoyed the old fiddler plus my story about him!

Comment

Here's a suggestion- Type up the story so it will fit on the back, burn or scorch around the edges, then glue it on the back and when it is dry spray it with Deft. It will give it an "old" look.
      That is a very good carving AND story. Thet need to be kept together.
      Doug

Comment

Thanks Gene~ I might keep this olde fiddler seeing Ive not written a story about any other of my carvings or art work. I will write his story on the back of the board,which was good advise from Thomp. Im glad you liked him! Thks again!

Comment

Thank you Mark A.

Comment

Blinky Bill......Yea, John as long as I worked on this fiddler,heck it seemed I too could hear his music! Gald you enjoyed him!

Comment

Banjo....Joy, Im glad you enjoyed reading my story about this old fiddler plus the carving! Thks for keeping up with him.

Comment

Doug Ridley, I will prepare it just like you said! Thks for your great advise!
                Glad you enjoyed the carving and the story!

Comment

A piece to be very proud of!

Comment

Doug, I had a aunt & uncle that lived close to you in Bandana,LaCenter, Ky. They where Romains. I enjoyed visiting them in old can-tucky. Helped them sucker tobacco when I was a younger boy.

Comment

Joy from N.Tex Landscapes,wildlife,druids and other carvings are kinda just what they are but this olde fiddler touched home to me as I found myself really thinking about him when I was painting him. The more I added with my paints and he was coming to life,the more thoughts & rhymes I was saying to myself as I went along.{strange I know} Im glad you caught the value in this olde fiddler! Thks

Comment

Forest, you never told me about your other talent of story telling.I enjoyed it and others as well enjoyed the progress of the fiddler.You do not have to tell me that being retired and putting out a piece like that,you have a great passion for the art.The story was icing on the cake ol buddy.When I carve in what I call "the cave", I am always thinking of a story for the carving which helps me put a face on wood and you put it in words. Davy Thumbs Up

Comment

I dont really have much talent Davy but working with this carving,he needed a name,so the more I thought as I was finishing him,I kelp telling myself about how he must have been and this is how his story came about. I like the shop you have which is better known as the cave! LOL Gald you enjoyed this old fiddler! Now that yall got the power back on after the snow the other day,I hope you have started on a new carving project? I will be ckn with you. Forrest

Comment

i likes this fiddler alot you did a great job on this for sure,keep them fine works a coming!!!

Comment

Daddio~ Im glad you enjoyed the olde fiddler! Thks man!!

Comment

Working...
                              X