Compare Ram OZ with Foredom 1050

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compare Ram OZ with Foredom 1050

Has anyone tested both of these in a side by side test?

Hi Don,
    I cannot offer a compression. I do have the OZ plus and I have been really pleased with it. I know a number of other carvers that have one also and I have never heard anything but praise. That why I got one. I have had it for about 5 months, it has good torque I had used it with a variety of burrs on hard and soft woods.
    Randy

WE LIVE IN THE LAND OF THE FREE BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE!

Comment

Thanks, I have not found anyone that has used the Foredom and it costs about $250 more than Ram. Which is a lot. I have a Ram Brush hand piece now and have used it for 6 years with no problem but it will not handle hardwoods. Thus my interest in the OZ.

Comment

what is ram oz

Comment

The Ram OZ plus is a brushless rotary tool that can do 50k rps but has great torque a low speeds which allow you to carve hard woods without burning the wood by high speeds and hot burs.

Comment

Foredom actually has a new brushless micro motor that just came out and the MSRP is $579. My review is in the upcoming issue, but as a preview, I'm impressed. I had to literally bury a carbide point bit in a chunk of oak to make the tool stall.

Best Regards,
            Bob Duncan
            Technical Editor, Woodworking/DIY

Comment

I went ahead and purchased the Ram OZ Plus, I got it cheaper from Treeline than I could get it directly from Ram. It is very quiet, you can not hardly hear it running even at top speed. It has great low end power and zero vibration. Much improved brushless handpiece with all the power you need.

Comment

Working...
              X