Adapt & Overcome

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adapt & Overcome

I am grateful for the technology that has brought us these wonderful new power tools for carving. For most of my carving life I was proud to say “I did it all with hand tools. “And I was. But in the past 10 year aging bones, and my physical abilities have found new limits. While I love the time I can spend with a palm tool or knife in my hand power tools have made it possible for me to continue carving when hand tools use is not possible. Old Marine Corp training says “Adapt & Overcome!!!”. And it is not about the tool as much as what you do with the tools you use.
    We live in the land of the free because of the brave!

https://www.pinterest.com/carvingbarn0363/

Hi Randy , very well said . Merle

Comment

Yes, many of us have reached the stage where we need to keep our tools sharper, clamp our projects down, find an easier way to do that next step. I think you commented recently that we are about the same age. Phil

Comment

Maybe, only us who have to rely on some power help will really understand
        . . .JoeB

Comment

So far I'm blessed with being able to use hand tools, but can see the future where I can't and will join you, Randy. Do what we can and enjoy.
          Bill
          Living among knives and fire.

http://www.westernwoodartist.com

Comment

Hi Randy.
            I love that saying ‘It’s not the tools you use but what you do with them. ‘
            As long as your enjoying what your doing. that’s all that matters.

Comment

Isn’t life grand?, stay strong, my friend... and persevere,
              your attitude touches and encourages in ways you can only imagine

Comment

Working...
              X