Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Merle Rice
    replied
    Hi Ed , Seems to be a whole different World of Rotary Cutters out their that we didn't know about , and so far they work Great . Don't know how I would use a couple of those . Merle

Leave a comment:

• NoDNA
    replied
    Thanks Merle, I ordered some of those nail clippers yesterday. And ED,, those lQQk just nasty,, I gotta have them too.. ouch..
    Chuck

Leave a comment:

• Nebraska
    replied
    Originally posted by Merle Rice View Post
    Hi Ed, used it on Mahogany this Morning and went very well . I even tried Carving with it and as you said good for Roughing out even though the Finish isn't Bad . I used the Larger Bit , will use the Small ones later for Detailing . The Price makes it inviting to try . Merle
    I got to poking around on eBay you can get these in sets 3,4,5,6 or 8mm.
    7FAF1D95-0F79-45D2-A6A6-6FF4C74C5F51.png

Leave a comment:

• Merle Rice
    replied
    Hi Ed, used it on Mahogany this Morning and went very well . I even tried Carving with it and as you said good for Roughing out even though the Finish isn't Bad . I used the Larger Bit , will use the Small ones later for Detailing . The Price makes it inviting to try . Merle

Leave a comment:

• Nebraska
    replied
    Merle,

Thanks for bring these to our attention thinking they could help with roughing out. Had never seen them before.

Leave a comment:

• Merle Rice
    replied
    Hi Tim ,if the sound bothers your Ears I would definitely not use them . Merle

Leave a comment:

• Merle Rice
    replied
    Hi Ed, That looks like the ones I got . It also looks like I Over Paid for mine . If I need more I now know where to go . Thanks Merle

Leave a comment:

• PittsburghTim
    replied
    After watching that video, that very shrill noise is enough to keep me from trying these. It is akin to fingernails on a chalkboard to my ears. I'll stick with my chisels and the occasional use of a Saburrtooth bit to bail me out of the occasional spot where a chisel or (more likely) my lack of skill gets me in a jam.

Leave a comment:

• Nebraska
    replied
    Check this out.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiKTe0bv2dI

Leave a comment:

• Nebraska
    replied
    Came across these.

51CC79CA-6362-4E6C-B4D5-A6AF13B67122.jpeg
    https://www.amazon.com/Carving-Engra...87G21C1K&psc=1

Leave a comment:

• Merle Rice
    replied
    Hi Joe , yep they do remove the Wood but still easy to control . I'll find out more when I finish my Project because it has a lot of areas to be used on . Merle

Leave a comment:

• joepaulbutler
    replied
    Yes, they do. They are ±3/16", 5/32, 1/8, & 7/64. Merle, not sure where I got them from, heck I have to leave a trail of chips from my studio to the bathroom, to find it . But I saw them advertised on the internet. & yes I said a trail of wood chip
    I use them more for roughing out, then go back with a knife and clean up. Maybe after using them for a while I'll try to do more refined work
    Last edited by joepaulbutler; 02-10-2021, 05:07 PM.

Leave a comment:

• J Norton
    replied
    Thanks for the tip, Merle. I agree with JoePaulButler, wear your gloves! I chewed up a finger with a Kutzall bit a while back and it’s no fun. These look effective but a little scary.

james

Leave a comment:

• Merle Rice
    replied
    Hi Joe , do your Tools have 3 Flutes , if so who made them ? They do really cut . You can actually Carve with them . Merle

Leave a comment:

• joepaulbutler
    replied
    I've got four, they seem to work well, but boy, o, boy I have on my leather gloves

Leave a comment:

Working...
X