X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dileon
    replied
    Originally posted by Merle Rice View Post
    Hi Joe , I'll check it out .Sounds like they are Nice , if Di likes it and you like it maybe I'll like it . Merle
    Go watch the videos he is using walnut.

Leave a comment:

• Dileon
    replied
    Originally posted by joepaulbutler View Post
    Don't you guys like the way I spell "Thooth's"
    I did not see anything....smile.

Leave a comment:

• joepaulbutler
    replied
    Don't you guys like the way I spell "Thooth's"

Leave a comment:

• Merle Rice
    replied
    Hi Joe , I'll check it out .Sounds like they are Nice , if Di likes it and you like it maybe I'll like it . Merle

Leave a comment:

• Dileon
    replied
    Originally posted by joepaulbutler View Post
    I certainly agree with Merle, be sure to use your gloves. Di, have you tried the newer Saburr Thooth's the Whisper? Not completely smooth, but a nice finish, easy to clean up, just wish they made it in a smaller taper.
    Darn, it all no, I have not seen them until now. They have four burrs that I could use badly. Looks like I will be ordering them. Normally I use Kutzall ...on fine but have some issues with breakage of points due to hard usage, and there are shapes that I wished in the past that they would make and there they are with my favorite burr brand. Wow thanks!!! .

Leave a comment:

• Dileon
    replied
    Hi Di, I agree with you about these Bits wanting to Bounce and Grab , but if you watch the Grain Flow you can control it . I'm finishing up a Piece that I used them quite a Bit and all went well . When they would start to grab I would reverse direction and cut with the Grain . They are not good against the Grain . I use them in Place of a V tool in some places , lay them over at about a 45 Deg. angle and drag it on the Line and make a few Passes to the Depth you want , or press a little harder and go deeper on 1 pass . I'm using them in Mahogany now , my next Piece is in Walnut , will see how they hold up on that . I'm still in the Learning Stage with these Bits , so far they are serving me well . Thanks for sharing your thoughts , always appreciate your Words . Merle
    When I was first learning I had those bits bounce and eat my long flannel shirt, lucky I did not kill the Dremel...but can not say so much for the shirt. It was a fight. Another time one bounced and got a finger, it was sharp at the time. And really cut up the finger. I also,... was holding my carving another time....darn bounce and it got my blue jeans, ate a nice hole in them. You learn, one way or another..LOL I do the same thing method you are doing second and third passes. One thing it does prepare you for big tools like the die grinder on what can go wrong.

Leave a comment:

• joepaulbutler
    replied
    I certainly agree with Merle, be sure to use your gloves. Di, have you tried the newer Saburr Thooth's the Whisper? Not completely smooth, but a nice finish, easy to clean up, just wish they made it in a smaller taper.

Leave a comment:

• Merle Rice
    replied
    Hi Di, I agree with you about these Bits wanting to Bounce and Grab , but if you watch the Grain Flow you can control it . I'm finishing up a Piece that I used them quite a Bit and all went well . When they would start to grab I would reverse direction and cut with the Grain . They are not good against the Grain . I use them in Place of a V tool in some places , lay them over at about a 45 Deg. angle and drag it on the Line and make a few Passes to the Depth you want , or press a little harder and go deeper on 1 pass . I'm using them in Mahogany now , my next Piece is in Walnut , will see how they hold up on that . I'm still in the Learning Stage with these Bits , so far they are serving me well . Thanks for sharing your thoughts , always appreciate your Words . Merle

Leave a comment:

• Dileon
    replied
    Although I do not recommend these for anyone that does not know how to control major grabbing. I do use these and do note one wrong move and they grab and bounce. You need full control and experience....I use these when I am too lazy to get the chisels or knives out. They are router cutters ...for Dremel tools. I use them freehand....although note watch your hands that they are not in the way if she jumps!!!. Prehaps I should not post things like this but they are better than those cheap cutters. 5a56040c976e9474153304e6-large.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Dileon
    replied
    One thing I hate about these bits as far as I am concerned ....they are great until they are no longer sharp which on hardwood could be a few projects. It may last longer on basswood, but it is rare I use basswood these days. I have tried everything in the book to sharpen them. No luck...it is either buy new ones...or forget it. I rather use a sabruu tooth bit rough out and then sand it down. Or better yet a sharp chisel or knife will do the same work in less time. The Sabruu tooth burrs last years and years. I would say I have about 30 assorted various brands of these bits that no longer carve and sit in a holder when they should be sitting in a trash can.

Leave a comment:

• NoDNA
    replied
    Hi Chuck, I ordered the 10 Pc. set , will get them tomorrow . Merle
    Received today little late to get to it but manana watch out..

Leave a comment:

• Merle Rice
    replied
    Hi Randy , I go by Sound and Feel . The Faster Speed is good but for me to fast and I loose the Feel . I like to feel a Little Pressure from the Bit and still feel Smooth ,not Vibrating . I also found when following a Line or Undercutting if you hold the Bit at about 45 Degs. it walks right where you Guide it , little Resistance . Oh! did I say I like them . Ha,Ha. Merle

Leave a comment:

• joepaulbutler
    replied
    I run mine at full bore as Merle says, they are aggressive, and having only the three flutes, is the reason I'm saying this, but use your own judgment.
    Last edited by joepaulbutler; 02-15-2021, 04:27 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Randy
    replied
    Hi Randy , I think you will like them . I don't think they will be good for Fine Detailing because they are Very Aggressive , but do remove the Wood . Doing Detailing in Hair and Beards I feel would be Good . After you try them out let us hear your Opinion . Merle
    There was not any direction with these. What RPMs to you use Merle?

Leave a comment:

• Merle Rice
    replied
    Hi Randy , I think you will like them . I don't think they will be good for Fine Detailing because they are Very Aggressive , but do remove the Wood . Doing Detailing in Hair and Beards I feel would be Good . After you try them out let us hear your Opinion . Merle

Leave a comment:

Working...
X