Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brian T
    replied
    The RotoZip is a Dremel on steroids. Not an easy tool to hang onto. I've used mine a lot for outlining carving designs. Not the straightest or smoothest curves but as a rough-out tool, it gets the job done in a hurry.

Leave a comment:

• Randy
    replied
    Nice looking burrs Joe. Gesswein has some nice products. A lot of jeweler get their tools from them. I got a beginners toolset from them when I took a beginners course at a JC trade school. It was not for me but have had the tools fo 20 years and still use them to fix the wife’s jewelry and when I make some wooden jewelers for her and the 4 daughters.

Leave a comment:

• Dileon
    replied
    Roto zip sounds interesting but I got one too many tools that like to travel, or jump into the air and fly.....do not need one more. I have that bit, I love mine also...just praying it holds an edge for a while.

Leave a comment:

• joepaulbutler
    replied
    Been to those skating parties before

Leave a comment:

• Brian T
    replied
    More speed? Be careful what you wish for.
    I have a Roto-Zip that I use from time to time.
    Hand held.

It's turning 15K - 18K with no speed control.
    That thing holds a tool like a porcupine drill bit.
    It can climb out of the wood and skate around in the blink of an eye.
    Difficult hand tool to hang onto.

But there are times when the Roto saves me untold days and days to outline figures.

Leave a comment:

• joepaulbutler
    replied
    Chuck, A CNC machine would be a kick, but I'll stick to my small carvings . With the burr, I hold it pretty much straight up and down, not chip just dust. I agree with Merle about the others, I've got a feeling if I had more speed, they would do better??????

Leave a comment:

• Merle Rice
    replied
    Hi Chuck, hold it at about a 45 Deg. angle and drag it along the Line and hold on . The 3 Flutes remove a lot of Wood and fast , I like mine . Merle

Leave a comment:

• NoDNA
    replied
    Just to barge in here ,,

BOY Oh BOy these things sure do throw the chips too. Now Joe all you need is a CNC machine to bring you up to date, HAHHAaa . I really like mine, ( no I don't have a cnc) do wish the had more than 3 flutes though. I think I could have a better learning curve.
    Chuck

Leave a comment:

• joepaulbutler
    replied
    Merle. I believe it has 3, hard for me to really, but near as I can tell 3. I got that other set of 5 that was flashing around the internet, but in my opinion, this burr cut a heck of a lot better. As a matter of fact I ordered another of the smaller size and two of the larger one. Wanted to have had one of the larger one & some spares

Leave a comment:

• Merle Rice
    replied
    Hi Joe , how many Flutes does it have ? Merle

Leave a comment:

• joepaulbutler
    started a topic Really happy with new burr

Really happy with new burr

Got a new burr from Gesswein.com & boy do I like the way it cuts! Great for out lining~1.8 & 2.3 mm
    Busch® Burs, Reamer, Fig. 115A.

Working...
X