12 inch circle saw for hard wood - pneumatic 120 psi 6 bar 7k rpm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12 inch circle saw for hard wood - pneumatic 120 psi 6 bar 7k rpm

I'm a beginner in wood working and attempting to achieve something a miter saw does with a pneumatic die grinder.

I came across 1 die grinder rated 120 psi a 6 bar pressure and runs at 7000 rpm. It may need more cfm than what i have planned.

Can i use such a die grinder with a 12 inch dia circle saw blade to achieve 4 inch cutting depth in hard wood? Please help..

My compressor will be 16 cfm and 120 psi output with a 60 gallon receiver tank powered by a 5 hp motor.

Other applications I've planned with this are 3 inch cut off tool, drill, sanding, polishing, brad and frame nailing, chisel and pencil grinding, impact and rachet wrenches.

I found the required torque​​​​​, rpm for these applications can be achieved with this compressor setup and I could able select the air tools for them.

Please advise if there should be any corrections here.

Attached Files

My question is why air? A 12" blade will cut approx 2.5 deep maybe 3' at most and this seems extreem and some what an indrustial tool. And this tool is a heavy one think of how long you are going to be holding it, the blade that is shown on it is for stone or concrete cutting and looks as if there is a water line attached. My opine wouuld be lok for something better suited for wood working.
    Kind regards.
    Chuck
    Chuck
    Always hoping for a nice slice that won't need sanding!

https://woodensmallthings.blogspot.com/2021/01/

Comment

Wow,that's kinda scary just thinking about it. 10" and 12" saw blades are only used with table saws and miter saws, not handheld tools. Portable circular saws only use 7 1/4" blades and they can be dangerous also. I think a 12" blade on a die grinder is a serious accident waiting to happen. A plain handsaw or chainsaw would be much safer. I don't think there is anyway to safely control a blade that big in a hand tool.
      'If it wasn't for caffeine, I wouldn't have any personality at all!"

http://mikepounders.weebly.com/
      https://www.facebook.com/pages/Mike-...61450667252958
      http://centralarkansaswoodcarvers.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by mpounders View Post
        Wow,that's kinda scary just thinking about it. 10" and 12" saw blades are only used with table saws and miter saws, not handheld tools. Portable circular saws only use 7 1/4" blades and they can be dangerous also. I think a 12" blade on a die grinder is a serious accident waiting to happen. A plain handsaw or chainsaw would be much safer. I don't think there is anyway to safely control a blade that big in a hand tool.
        Mpounders,, I would stay away from this tool also, I have cut concrete with one similar and noisy scary and unless skilled, left to be said by the first aid station personell.
        I use a 7.5 hand powerer saw , a large saber saw, and my table saw with a 10" blade BUT , have about 50 years experiance. And like a motorcycle when you know more than it does' watch out.
        Chuck
        Chuck

Comment

4481A3B000000578-0-image-m-44_1505898522625.jpgGet a miter saw and circular saw, it will save you from half cutting off your head when she bucks plus an ER bill today cost thousands. Get the right tools and the right blades for the job. Die Grinders I have five of them and angle grinders I have three of them....understand they are dangerous, especially when you use blades and burrs not meant for the job. The blades and burrs will break and it grabs throwing the tool right back at your body. You need lots of experience and safety equipment. I learned by using a dremel....this experience threw the tool right into my hand and I had hamburger meat...if it would have been a die grinder I would have lost a arm or my face this guy is a professional builder and the angle grinder got him in the face which is a common accident. Safety first when using power tools
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Dileon; 09-13-2021, 01:04 PM.

Comment

my buddy up the street cut his neck with this tool and another one got his hands. Use the right tools and the correct attachments for the job ...sorry guys but I worked ER for awhile...you see tons of this kind of stupid usages of power tools. ​ image widget

Comment

Wrong tool. Die Grinders as a 12” circular saw is asking for trouble. If your doing 3” cutoffs a reciprocating saw is a better choice. Or even a hand saw. Your other uses can apply to the grinder. But as has been said be safe. You can be surprised how fast they can bounce back in your face on hardwood. I always wear a face shield when working with a grinder.
              We live in the land of the free because of the brave!
              https://www.pinterest.com/carvingbarn0363/

Comment

Die grinders run fast, I think you would exceed the recommended speed for the circular saw blade. Don't risk it.

Comment

I have a 10" Delta miter saw, the rim speed of the blades is about 180 mph. Cuts everything.
                  If I did the math right, a 12" blade, doing 7,000 rpm, comes flying out just under 400 mph.
                  I don't want to be anywhere near you in your city when you turn that on.

I suggest that this is the perfect reason to buy a very good big bandsaw.
                  Brian T

Comment

I wrote a response to this early this morning then Randy’s words started haunting me so I deleted it. It’s been amusing to follow along.
                    Ed
                    https://www.ebay.com/sch/bmart50/m.h...1&_ipg=&_from=
                    Local club
                    https://www.facebook.com/CentralNebraskaWoodCarvers

Comment

Originally posted by Nebraska View Post
                      I wrote a response to this early this morning then Randy’s words started haunting me so I deleted it. It’s been amusing to follow along.
                      EH EH, ever watching aye?
                      And then ya post a blotted out scab? I want blood. HAHaa. I used to work around carpenters and loggers, and that ain't nuthing. But I do agree, if you go out in a boat vest first, shop work glasses first and mask for the dust.

I just started on some wood today and just drilling out /hogging the dust was so bad it smelled like vinager <<<<,, stop eye shield , dust filtered mask and air vents went on within 2 minutes. I do not know what kind of wood it is,, But the beauty is keeping me going , BUT A 12" air saw???
                      Pictures later.
                      Cheers to ya Nebraska.aka ED.
                      Chuck
                      Chuck

Comment

The best one I saw was doc MD another neighbor, owned a saw mill. At seventy up in the tree with the chainsaw and the thing bucked... hit him in the neck. He is a pro cutting trees but...sometimes we get stupid. He called my neighbor to fix him up...because he was not going to be seen dead in the ER nor his stupidity shown to fellow doctors. Ole Bob yelled what the heck I do not know how to sew you up, are you crazy!!! He did find someone to sew him up under the radar. The bloody crap we do to ourselves at times. LOL No more pictures....LOL just needed to make a point seems blood and guts do get people attention more then words. Chuck no fuzz picture of a scab, that wound went to the jaw bone...lucky he hit it....otherwise a little lower than he would be running around like a headless chicken. Be safe people...
                        Last edited by Dileon; 09-14-2021, 10:49 AM.

Comment

To the new guy I am not picking on you,...so sorry. Just see those fingers...mine looked just like that one time. Nothing worst then sitting in ER and saying gee I would sew it up myself but this one I do not know how. I got myself stupid with receptacle saw when I was to tired out to be working with it. Save yourself from time from healing bad accidents by starting out right. My best suggestion for you although most of us have done some woodworking, we are wood carvers major difference between the two. I highly suggest that you educate yourself ..via Youtube got awesome videos on power tools...there are lots of woodworking forums of people who do it professionally always willing to help new people. And tons of books out there. Oh yea number one tool you need a good first aid kit and a blood clotting agent...you never know when you going to need it and fast.

Comment

Working...
                          X