Stylized Duck Finished

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stylized Duck Finished

Walnut Wood with Basswood Insert. Finally got it finished. Took Days for the Poly U. to dry , Cold Weather . First time putting BLO on Walnut, turned out to be a Nice Brown Color , thought it would make it Dark but didn't. Merle IMG_0001.jpg IMG_0002.jpg IMG_0003.jpg IMG_0005.jpg

Nicely done Merle. You got him done just in time to head south for the winter.
    If I took the time to fix all my mistakes, I wouldn,t have time to make new ones.

www.spokanecarvers.com

Comment

Hi, Tom, Your right about Heading South for the Winter. The Geese land around hear late at Knight, we hear them Flying over the House and sometime makes a Mess on my Car. Thanks Tom . Merle

Comment

Very nicely carved and finished, the dark and light wood play well together!

Comment

Hi, JBright, Something Different and gives it Contrast. Thank You for Commenting. Merle

Comment

Hi Merle, your duck turned out very well. Like the combination of the different woods also.

Comment

Merle,

Cool looking piece lots of creativity going on in your head. Great flow to the piece.

Comment

As usual this guy comes up with so much.. I cannot say more than a big WOW!! And what a beauty it is.
                Chuck
                Always hoping for a nice slice that won't need sanding!

https://woodensmallthings.blogspot.com/2021/01/

Comment

Hi, Yolli, He turned out to be a Cute Little Bugger. Thanks Yolli for your Nice Words. Merle

Comment

Hi, Ed, Thanks for the Photo and Encouraging Words. Merle

Comment

Hi,Chuck, it was a Fun Piece and all done with Power . Thanks Chuck. Merle

Comment

Originally posted by Merle Rice View Post
                        Hi,Chuck, it was a Fun Piece and all done with Power . Thanks Chuck. Merle
                        With the choice of wood too makes a difference in choices of tools. Am working on a Spalted Maple Owl 10" long and 2.5 inches deep, and it is hard wood!! So the big guys came out of the box.
                        YA gotta Love a Duck though.
                        C
                        Chuck
                        Always hoping for a nice slice that won't need sanding!

https://woodensmallthings.blogspot.com/2021/01/

Comment

it's just a pleasant piece to look at Merle. This finish is spot on, I'm sure this will be displayed in a prominent view.
                          . . .JoeB

Comment

Beautiful work. You might really have had a "quacking good time" making it!

Comment

Hi, Joe, Yes he is displayed under the TV with all the Fall Decorations , then he'll come to my area till after Christmas . Maybe I'll keep this one also . Always Good to get Your Opinion . Merle

Comment

Working...
                              X