Dental Handpieces

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dental Handpieces

I would like some input on dental handpieces I am considering air driven about 400.000 rpm.I texture fur & feathers. I also carve Ostrich Eggs. I have a air driven hanpiece about 75000rpm.I think the higher rpm will do a finer job.
    I was on the internet and found so many options.Here are some questions for those that know or use the dental handpieces.
    1 speed high to low.
    2 # of ports
    3 air, fiber optic,dental air fiber optic
    4 angle or straight
    5 bit size
    6 how are bits held in
    7 lubricated not lubricated
    8 how are air lines connected
    9 replacement cartriges
    10 new used refurbished
    11 buy 1 get one free . 4 in a package
    So many ?
    I live in the Toronto Ontario Canada area and have yet to find a suplier in this area so the internet may be my only option.
    I would like toWish everyone a happy festive season and good health & happeyness for 2011
    Thanks Gordo.
    "A knifeless man is a lifeless man"&&-old Nordic proverb

Re: Dental Handpieces

1 speed high to low.
    I like High speed... I have a higher torque low speed turbine and use it for heavier work and gross reduction work but High speed it great for clear detailed work.

2 # of ports
    I have a 4 port hand piece. One intake - One exhaust - two blowers for keeping the area around the bur clear. I only use one blower. that is one more blower than I had before and it works great!

3 air, fiber optic,dental air fiber optic
    ?? I didn't worry with the fiber optic... That is just too high tech for me.

4 angle or straight
    I go the angled handpiece and LOVE IT! So many angles you can get and it feels the same in your hand... you don't have to contort your hands to get the right angle on the bur.

5 bit size
    1/16"

6 how are bits held in
    Friction grip > There is a button on the back that releases them.

7 lubricated not lubricated
    Not

8 how are air lines connected
    Rubber lines that just slip on to the tubing at the end of the handpiece. I used a small tee on the hose to feed the blower.

9 replacement cartriges
    I think you are talking about replacement turbines... They are about $10 to 15 each to replace.

10 new used refurbished
    I bought the new chinese ones from ebay

11 buy 1 get one free . 4 in a package
    I got 3 for $85 Dropped one and the turbine doesn't work right but the second one has gone for about 12 to 15 projects and counting.

I'm no mathematician but I think that is a great deal!

Comment

Thanks Speeronline.
      This info is just great . Do you have the info.on where you purchesed your handpieces.I will keep trying to find a dealer around Toronto.but I think online may be my best bet.
      Thanks Gordo.

Comment

Just do a search on Ebay for "Dental Turbine" and you will get pages and pages of them.

Comment

Gordo, Did you ever get the dental tool? I am looking as you were. What I can't find out is what power source to use. I am starting from scratch! An air compressor, an electrical unit? I was going to get small compressor and the Power Carver ( $300.),but hear a lot about break downs. ANy info helpful! Thanks. Gloria

Comment

Re: Dental Hand pieces

Yes Gloria I did get the dental hand pieces 3 for around $80.00 from Ebay included shipping came within 7 days thay are air driven that require a small air hose very high speed excellent for detail work . I also have a 4500 Ram electric hand piece that I use for heavier work along with my Fordom.
            Gordo.

Comment

Originally posted by gwc View Post
              Yes Gloria I did get the dental hand pieces 3 for around $80.00 from Ebay included shipping came within 7 days thay are air driven that require a small air hose very high speed excellent for detail work . I also have a 4500 Ram electric hand piece that I use for heavier work along with my Fordom.
              Gordo.
              Gordo, what company did you get the handpieces from? Were they shipped to you from China? Ebay has 98 pages of dental handpieces and I'm lost on what to get. Does yours have ceramic bearings? Brand name? Thanks, Gary

Comment

Hello Gordo
                With the dental handpieces, what do you use for an air supply?
                tanx
                Ed

Comment

Ed
                  I have a small compressor in my garage with an air line going to my work shop i suggest you should have a water separator and filter with regulator just before the hand piece so you clean and can make air pressure adjustments. the hand piece doesn't require a lot of cfms.and not too much pressure.
                  Gordo.

Comment

Gary
                    The headpieces I purchased were made n Japan shipped from China thay are NSK PANA-AIR. Try myebib 2009 items page 4 of 13 on ebay this company is rated very high and the hand pieces arrived within 7 days. I do not know what type of turbine thay do come with tool's to change them.
                    Gordo.

Comment

Gary
                      The hand pieces are NSK PANA-AIR made in Japan shipped from China try myebib 2009 items page 4 of 13 3 hand pieces for$ 80.00 I do not know what type of turbine but thay do come with a tool to change them.
                      Gordo.

Comment

Originally posted by gwc View Post
                        Ed
                        I have a small compressor in my garage with an air line going to my work shop i suggest you should have a water separator and filter with regulator just before the hand piece so you clean and can make air pressure adjustments. the hand piece doesn't require a lot of cfms.and not too much pressure.
                        Gordo.
                        Thank you Gordo. I have a small compressor, so that will work out fine for me.
                        regards
                        Ed

Comment

I too need help with dental turbines. Such as this one for example. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dental-Porta...ndpiece-4Hole- so I wouldn't need a compressor? Or would I? The ones that say portable compressor don't look like compressors at all. I'm sorry this probably really dumb questions for you guys and gals. I plan on carving eggs and wood like gunstocks. Any help would be really appreciated. Are they hard to set up? The dentist drills look complicated with all those tubes.

Comment

Belay that one question i was reading it wrong. It says "works with compressor...not included with compressor" sometimes I need my brain checked LOL.

Comment

They will work with any air compressor. The inline water filter is definitely necessary. I wouldn't run any of them with over 35 PSI, that is plenty of pressure. The refurbished ones are just as good as the new ones if a qualified technician rebuilds them.
                              Hope this helps
                              Larry

Comment

Working...
                              X