• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gwc
    replied
    Re: Dental Handpieces

Thanks Speeronline.
    This info is just great . Do you have the info.on where you purchesed your handpieces.I will keep trying to find a dealer around Toronto.but I think online may be my best bet.
    Thanks Gordo.

Leave a comment:

• Speeronline
    replied
    Re: Dental Handpieces

1 speed high to low.
    I like High speed... I have a higher torque low speed turbine and use it for heavier work and gross reduction work but High speed it great for clear detailed work.

2 # of ports
    I have a 4 port hand piece. One intake - One exhaust - two blowers for keeping the area around the bur clear. I only use one blower. that is one more blower than I had before and it works great!

3 air, fiber optic,dental air fiber optic
    ?? I didn't worry with the fiber optic... That is just too high tech for me.

4 angle or straight
    I go the angled handpiece and LOVE IT! So many angles you can get and it feels the same in your hand... you don't have to contort your hands to get the right angle on the bur.

5 bit size
    1/16"

6 how are bits held in
    Friction grip > There is a button on the back that releases them.

7 lubricated not lubricated
    Not

8 how are air lines connected
    Rubber lines that just slip on to the tubing at the end of the handpiece. I used a small tee on the hose to feed the blower.

9 replacement cartriges
    I think you are talking about replacement turbines... They are about $10 to 15 each to replace.

10 new used refurbished
    I bought the new chinese ones from ebay

11 buy 1 get one free . 4 in a package
    I got 3 for $85 Dropped one and the turbine doesn't work right but the second one has gone for about 12 to 15 projects and counting.

I'm no mathematician but I think that is a great deal!

Leave a comment:

• gwc
    started a topic Dental Handpieces

Dental Handpieces

I would like some input on dental handpieces I am considering air driven about 400.000 rpm.I texture fur & feathers. I also carve Ostrich Eggs. I have a air driven hanpiece about 75000rpm.I think the higher rpm will do a finer job.
    I was on the internet and found so many options.Here are some questions for those that know or use the dental handpieces.
    1 speed high to low.
    2 # of ports
    3 air, fiber optic,dental air fiber optic
    4 angle or straight
    5 bit size
    6 how are bits held in
    7 lubricated not lubricated
    8 how are air lines connected
    9 replacement cartriges
    10 new used refurbished
    11 buy 1 get one free . 4 in a package
    So many ?
    I live in the Toronto Ontario Canada area and have yet to find a suplier in this area so the internet may be my only option.
    I would like toWish everyone a happy festive season and good health & happeyness for 2011
    Thanks Gordo.
Working...
X