• Keoma
    replied
    Re: Dental Handpieces

Great thread - great info- Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Hi_Ho_Sliver
    replied

I have a "Paragrave" one of the first ones sold in California when they came out...good machine..

Leave a comment:

• drhandrich
    replied

you might also like to pm kipani , she just upgraded to a 400,000 rpm unit. she uses hers primarily for pierced egg carving so far.

Leave a comment:

• Magicman
    replied

They will work with any air compressor. The inline water filter is definitely necessary. I wouldn't run any of them with over 35 PSI, that is plenty of pressure. The refurbished ones are just as good as the new ones if a qualified technician rebuilds them.
    Hope this helps
    Larry

Leave a comment:

• Johnt63
    replied

Belay that one question i was reading it wrong. It says "works with compressor...not included with compressor" sometimes I need my brain checked LOL.

Leave a comment:

• Johnt63
    replied

I too need help with dental turbines. Such as this one for example. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dental-Porta...ndpiece-4Hole- so I wouldn't need a compressor? Or would I? The ones that say portable compressor don't look like compressors at all. I'm sorry this probably really dumb questions for you guys and gals. I plan on carving eggs and wood like gunstocks. Any help would be really appreciated. Are they hard to set up? The dentist drills look complicated with all those tubes.

Leave a comment:

• FreeMan08
    replied
    Re: Dental Hand pieces

Originally posted by gwc View Post
    Ed
    I have a small compressor in my garage with an air line going to my work shop i suggest you should have a water separator and filter with regulator just before the hand piece so you clean and can make air pressure adjustments. the hand piece doesn't require a lot of cfms.and not too much pressure.
    Gordo.
    Thank you Gordo. I have a small compressor, so that will work out fine for me.
    regards
    Ed

Leave a comment:

• gwc
    replied

Gary
    The hand pieces are NSK PANA-AIR made in Japan shipped from China try myebib 2009 items page 4 of 13 3 hand pieces for$ 80.00 I do not know what type of turbine but thay do come with a tool to change them.
    Gordo.

Leave a comment:

• gwc
    replied

Gary
    The headpieces I purchased were made n Japan shipped from China thay are NSK PANA-AIR. Try myebib 2009 items page 4 of 13 on ebay this company is rated very high and the hand pieces arrived within 7 days. I do not know what type of turbine thay do come with tool's to change them.
    Gordo.

Leave a comment:

• gwc
    replied

Ed
    I have a small compressor in my garage with an air line going to my work shop i suggest you should have a water separator and filter with regulator just before the hand piece so you clean and can make air pressure adjustments. the hand piece doesn't require a lot of cfms.and not too much pressure.
    Gordo.

Leave a comment:

• FreeMan08
    replied

Hello Gordo
    With the dental handpieces, what do you use for an air supply?
    tanx
    Ed

Leave a comment:

• HomeBody
    replied

Originally posted by gwc View Post
    Yes Gloria I did get the dental hand pieces 3 for around $80.00 from Ebay included shipping came within 7 days thay are air driven that require a small air hose very high speed excellent for detail work . I also have a 4500 Ram electric hand piece that I use for heavier work along with my Fordom.
    Gordo.
    Gordo, what company did you get the handpieces from? Were they shipped to you from China? Ebay has 98 pages of dental handpieces and I'm lost on what to get. Does yours have ceramic bearings? Brand name? Thanks, Gary

Leave a comment:

• gwc
    replied

Yes Gloria I did get the dental hand pieces 3 for around $80.00 from Ebay included shipping came within 7 days thay are air driven that require a small air hose very high speed excellent for detail work . I also have a 4500 Ram electric hand piece that I use for heavier work along with my Fordom.
    Gordo.

Leave a comment:

• gloriasgourds
    replied

Gordo, Did you ever get the dental tool? I am looking as you were. What I can't find out is what power source to use. I am starting from scratch! An air compressor, an electrical unit? I was going to get small compressor and the Power Carver ( $300.),but hear a lot about break downs. ANy info helpful! Thanks. Gloria

Leave a comment:

• Speeronline
    replied

Just do a search on Ebay for "Dental Turbine" and you will get pages and pages of them.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X