Foredom source

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foredom source

I'm looking for a source for Foredom SR units where I can buy the motor, flex shaft, and table top weighted holder ONLY without all the kits stuff that usually is sold with it. I want to replace my motor and flex shaft and I have all the accessories from my existing aged unit.

Also, I've always used the hanger to suspend the motor above my work, but I've been thinking that the table top holder would allow the flex shaft to be used pretty much horizontal--not having to bend it so much to use it on projects. Has anyone changed from a hanging unit to a table top holder with success that would support my theory?

Donna_T
    From Missouri

Re: Foredom source

Greg Dorrance sells Foredom, every thing I have purchased from him he has had very good prices, fast delivery and excellent customer service.

Comment

Donna, try

Foredom Electric Co.

I have been ordering parts and such straight from them with excellent service. On the opening page they have a "build your own" device.

Comment

Thanks guys,
        I got one ordered and hope it comes while I'm enjoying a "snow day", if the weatherman is right!
        I'm trying the table top holder this time. I'm not sure I'm correct, but suspect it will mean less stress on the flex shaft--since I won't have to bend the flex shaft as much as I do with the hanging style.

I'm excited. A new tool to start my retirement with next month!
        Donna_T
        From Missouri

Comment

I have one of each...hanging and table top mount. Would recommend some type of semi secure mounting on the table (small clamp to do/undo, as a thought)...yea, mine has ended up on the floor a couple of times, no damage luckily, but it cannot be good for it.
          As you mentioned, the mounts allow different aspects of work, not sure one is better than the other.
          The big issue is dedicated table space for the footprint of the unit with the shaft. My workspace arrangement has morphed several times...life changes...and am considering a possible "under table mount" for that unit. Would make it accessible, w/o losing any table space...

Comment

Working...
          X